Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i searched and i know hoow to, i was just wondering if my car is safe to.
i wanna up the boost to 8 or 9, but the question is if its safe for my car. its completley stock. stock exhaust, stock intake... would it be rough on my car? or should i just wait until i get some exhaust and intake...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright.. yea i only have about a month or less for 3" mandrel full exhaust so... might as well wait... should prolly wait for my boost gauge to come in too :)
thx

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea.. speaking of intake, anyone know a cheap way or a tutorial on how to make the intake adapter? i found em on ebay but that always takes along time for shipping and such..

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
um im cheap so heres what i did....

modified stock intake
-just drop in a k&n intake and your good

for pics click on my thread
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=272596

and for exhuast i would recomend getting a BIC dp i got one thats full 3"...
then i just gutted out the stock cat and put the rest of the stock piping..

then shimmed turbo for about 10 psi and im set.... not if your turbo is still good watch out on first gear cause youll hit redline so quick at wot or 1/2 t...

but my set up is ust temporary... im getting a piping in a week or so...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hm thats a good idea.. yea im planning on getting a bic DDP as long as money provides. i just bought a new filter and the car has a 6 month old brand new ct-26. so i think im going to try and mod that intake like you did... how does the filter stay in?

·
Registered
43 Posts
i got a filter, a mufler and the wastegate is shimmed to 8psi, and the thing pulls hard. in fact i ust did it today, and i am happy with the 25 cent upgrade.

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,091 Posts
I'm making over 10lbs before hitting fuelcut with intake and 3in downpipe and exhaust(and not shimming the wastegate at all). Once you get those and a boost gauge see how your car is reacting before shoving washers in there.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
the intake will stay on... since your just cutting alittle bit of the cover....

and def. get a boost gauge... mine hasnt arrive yet so im not sure what psi im trully running all i know is it hits over 8 since my boost gauge max out at 8

btw defenately get rid of the 2 cat and the restrive elbow..(if you dont want to use the test pipi just gut out your stock cat..)

gl

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
icic.. im going ot do it tomorrow :) jus the modding the airbox part. and yea im going to do full 3" exhaust. hopefully the bic ddp. which will eliminate the turbo elbow with a prope one and then straight 3 " from that back. no cats :) i dont have smog or anything so..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts