Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into the shine auto rear diffuser, On MVP's website there is the option of the vortex generators and the Centre Diverter. I know I dont want the Generators but What is this Centre Diverter? Do I need it for this setup down below

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
no its not needed its just aesthetics

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok thanks a lot Nick !

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don't like them (the center pieces). I love that diffuser. Unfortunately I think it looks bad on Alpine Silver, which is what I have. Looks best on black and red imo

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
Getting it to fit is a PITA (I don't even think Shine Diffuser is even in correct measurement).

I rush mine when installing cause I couldn't wait for the sexiness.

End Result = Measured once, cut/drill 4X :tear:

·
Registered
815 Posts
I also had a bit of a pain installing my shine diffuser, I will probably remove it and redo the install in the spring, its just not quiteee right.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Sucks to pay that kind of $$$ and having to mod it to make it fit right...that being said, I still want the sexiness though...lol

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
Bro I was mad when that shit didn't even came pre-drilled

The amount spent is not even worth it.

I wonder if the authentic came pre-drilled?

I would've went with Trial Rear End bumper if I only knew Shine was that retarded

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
:crying:

No more buying replica bullshit man

I wish they had it in the description before buying.

My fault for not doing my due diligence

·
Registered
815 Posts
Your making it sound WAY worse than it is, the Shine diffuser has indents where you should be drilling. I would have appreciated it pre drilled, but don't make it sound like the fitment is that out to lunch.

·
Registered
379 Posts
How safe is it to run it? It being right behind the wheel it is prone to slamming into a speed bump right after you pass..

There is someone who makes the same diffuser in just fiberglass. I was thinking that route.. Would suck to crack the shine auto..

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
^ Fiberglass is pure shit from my experience. Poly is where it's at. Cf wrapped poly maybe? And ya paying that much and then having to put the item at risk by drilling the perfect holes isn't very appealing

·
Registered
815 Posts
Im quite low and have never bottomed out the diffuser...my exhaust was rubbing against it though in one spot so I'll have to fix that up, or maybe get a new exhaust :D

Hard to see the diffuser in ths pic (atleast on my computer monitor at work) but you can see how low I am

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
^ Looks good on white as well. I do think a different exhaust with a longer tip may look better

·
Boost Junkie
12,432 Posts
Drilling holes is not that big of a deal. The cost for the Shine piece is roughly 1/4 what the Top Secret cost. Drilling 12 holes is worth it in my mind.

Steve K.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Would be nice if someone created a replica at a lower cost. As much as I would like one, I struggle with the value of the part.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yea I would love to find one at a better price but at the same point don't want cheap quality either..I'm wanting one bad and will probably end up spending the $700+ to get it before the year is out.

·
From the land down under
3,854 Posts
Getting it to fit is a PITA (I don't even think Shine Diffuser is even in correct measurement).

I rush mine when installing cause I couldn't wait for the sexiness.

End Result = Measured once, cut/drill 4X :tear:
Bro I was mad when that shit didn't even came pre-drilled

The amount spent is not even worth it.

I wonder if the authentic came pre-drilled?

I would've went with Trial Rear End bumper if I only knew Shine was that retarded
:crying:

No more buying replica bullshit man

I wish they had it in the description before buying.

My fault for not doing my due diligence
???

It seems like you are trying to shift the blame from yourself for not taking the time to install it correctly.

There are countless people running this part who didnt have the issues you had, but that being said, they probably didnt rush the job, and fail to plan it out carefully.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts