Supra Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
???

It seems like you are trying to shift the blame from yourself for not taking the time to install it correctly.

There are countless people running this part who didnt have the issues you had, but that being said, they probably didnt rush the job, and fail to plan it out carefully.
+1 for real to the fullest extent of mankind

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
Greetings! I wonder if the turbo kit selling on ebay are acceptable or are crap, I would not spend money on something that will not work, I just want a bit of power for fun, I'm not a competitor, it's just for fun, let them link http://www.ebay.com/itm/2JZ-2JZGE-GT45-T4-TURBO-KIT-STAINLESS-MANIFOLD-INTERCOOLER-DUMP-DOWNPIPE-20PCS-/400660459715 appreciate your help
Just save up for boostlogic kit. It comes with everything for your conversion. Plus quality parts that are dependable.

·
Registered
845 Posts
So drilling a couple of holes in a ~$700 carbon fiber diffuser is worst than spending ~$1400 for carbon fiber diffuser. Don't get me wrong I would love to have an og Top-Secret one but for that amount of dollars vs wear, the con wins out. The Shine diffuser is very high quailty for a replica. Just don't complain when you buy a lower quality for less...ahaha

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
So drilling a couple of holes in a ~$700 carbon fiber diffuser is worst than spending ~$1400 for carbon fiber diffuser. Don't get me wrong I would love to have an og Top-Secret one but for that amount of dollars vs wear, the con wins out. The Shine diffuser is very high quailty for a replica. Just don't complain when you buy a lower quality for less...ahaha
Bro I aint hatin on Shine, but look at all the Shine Replica compared to Original TS

All Shine Replica look lopsided, Example first pic of that red supra.

700 or 1400 does not matter. But If I knew 700 get me something like that I would've got the 1400...dude measure that shit, it's not even in the same dimension.

EVERY supra with shine diffuser look lopsided, look at all the pic on the first page.

I'm just saying...not complaining. PPl talk about QUALITY, Shine just didnt measure to my standard :lol:

Again not hating, just letting others know what you're getting Replica vs. Authentic

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
Well if Top Secret comes with predrill I'm assuming it was engineered to a certain standard

I do agree about SHINE diffuser though, it DOES depend on the installer since the individual have to measure/guess his holes and goals

Same goes with Aftermarket Sideskirt, Front bumper, etc. Companies like Abflug for example, made all there kits with pre-drill and have high quality control over all products

·
Registered
845 Posts
choua01 said:
Are you sure, because Top Secret look lopsided too. I guess it all depends on the person installing it.
:bigthumb:

Those "lopsided" ones are probably due to installation. I know muffler height to the bumper and muffler canister size effect the installation...ahah

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have a Shine Auto that's not installed yet. (once I get my car back for Serious HP it will be going on) Right Kiro, the muffler can may be a reason of the lopsided look.

I just know I'm not going to get in a hurry trying to install. Just take your time mock it up where it needs to be, drill the holes, and and install.

·
From the land down under
3,854 Posts
The only reason any are lopsided is installation error. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that the Shine part is a clone of the TS item.

What I dont understand is why people dont work around the muffler issue, and simply lower the other side to match. Its like everyone attaches it to the right hand side first, and then it comes to the exhaust side and its out a few mm's, so its just left like that, rather than redrilling a new hole on the bracket on the RHS, and repositioning it to be true.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Personally i think its worth it for the $700 odd. I had a lobsided issue but only for the center section, which i adjusted a little.
Had no issues drilling hte holes but i would have paid an extra $50 for better install instructions as when you get it you dont want to go drilling 4 holes for just one mount :p

My pics, slightly lobsided to make up for that section pointed out but VERY very hard to notice this unless you pass someoen lieing down on the floor :) .....

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
My diffuser has been sitting for 3 years waiting to be installed lol hopefully this year =)

·
From the land down under
3,854 Posts
Please tell me what side skirts these are? And are these the larger diffuser side add one or the smaller ones? Thanks - Erik
I cant answer you regarding the side skirts, but I can tell you that the side pieces on the diffuser are the optional vortex generators. I have a set made in carbon/kevlar, stashed away, for the day when I finally get myself a diffuser, haha.

·
iSPOOL
1,135 Posts
Please tell me what side skirts these are? And are these the larger diffuser side add one or the smaller ones? Thanks - Erik
Those are side skirt extensions. You can search on google to find who currently sells them. I have a pair on mine.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts