Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am planning on buying a mkiv in Tampa, Fl and having it shipped to my new home in Las vegas, what companies have you used in the passed that were relatively inexpensive? Did it go by train? I tried to use teh search but its no where to be found

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
I don't trust anyone when it comes to touching my car...when I am not around. NO ONE. Drive it back yourself w/ a nice, full roll of blue 3M tape across the front end. THe best $7.00 you ever spent.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts

·
JDM Driver
‘95 Supra 6sp Hardtop
345 Posts
I had my car shipped from Daytona Beach to Las Vegas via http://Reliable-Carriers/ . They have an office at Orlando so you can drop of your car at their office and watch it load up prior to departure. They use fully enclosed trailers and their trucks are GPS tracked so you can know where they are located at almost any moment. It took three days to deliver my car to Las Vegas. What boosted my confidence with them was seeing two Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren and a fully restored 67 Corvette along with my car inside the same trailer.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
horseless carriage is pretty decent. I know a lot more $$ since fuel prices spikes from when I shipped coast to coast.

·
Old Member
167 Posts
Car Xport

I'm shipping my son's Talon from Michigan to Scottsdale, AZ w/Intercity. They should pick up this weekend. PM me for more feedback.

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
Do NOT use National Auto Shipping .. ive had a horrible experience with them .. they quoted me one price and then had me pay in full and the driver decided that since the car had a big wing (stock wing) and he had to move the car to the front of the carrier ( part of his job for the agreed first price) that he would then charge me another $100 and if I didnt pay he would take the car to an auction or threatened to not deliver it at all and leave it at some random terminal where I would have to pay even more to get it out.

STAY AWAY .. Wish I would have just drove it back myself.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
^ now thats shitty

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do NOT use National Auto Shipping .. ive had a horrible experience with them .. they quoted me one price and then had me pay in full and the driver decided that since the car had a big wing (stock wing) and he had to move the car to the front of the carrier ( part of his job for the agreed first price) that he would then charge me another $100 and if I didnt pay he would take the car to an auction or threatened to not deliver it at all and leave it at some random terminal where I would have to pay even more to get it out.

STAY AWAY .. Wish I would have just drove it back myself.
I would've let that idiot go ahead and take the car, then callled the police and told them some trucker just shot 3 people and stole my car and then given them the license plate to the truck. Might have taken longer to get the car back, but man it would've worth it. Makes me tingle inside just thinking about it.

·
Old Member
167 Posts
Intercity picked up the Talon when promised. They had a rear lift gate which was super as the Talon is lowered. They took extra precautions, even wrapping the car in plastic for the trip. I felt pretty good when I noticed that they were also carrying 5 brand new Aston Martin Vantages. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts