Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Ill be moving to Philadelphia and I am thinking of shipping the Supra there instead of driving it since my other car is being shipped due to too little mileage left to last for the end of the lease.

Which car shipping companies are the best? Los Angeles, CA to Philadelphia, PA.
Prices would be great...I just want a reliable reputable shipping company who wouldnt let harm to the car, especially the aftermarket wheels and newly sprayed front end.

thx guys

·
5,058 Posts
I used DAS from Texas to NY.
I paid for enclosed transport, and the car showed up at my house
in an open transporter and was FILTHY.
I got money off but next time I will try Horseless Carriage.

·
Registered
934 Posts
this seems crazy but one day i wanna ship my car from NJ to virginia (dont wanna rack up major miles) to drive it on VIR and the dragon... then just drive it back home.

·
You serious?
3,000 Posts
Horseless Carriage and NO ONE ELSE!!!

DO NOT USE DAS or I will make fun of you when the car is damaged.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
old man celica said:
Hey guys, Ill be moving to Philadelphia and I am thinking of shipping the Supra there instead of driving it since my other car is being shipped due to too little mileage left to last for the end of the lease.

Which car shipping companies are the best? Los Angeles, CA to Philadelphia, PA.
Prices would be great...I just want a reliable reputable shipping company who wouldnt let harm to the car, especially the aftermarket wheels and newly sprayed front end.

thx guys
OK my friend....I just had my pristine 94 Hardtop shipped from Northern CA, to Phoenix, AZ. I would HIGHLY, HIGHLY, suggest using either almond exotic transport, or the one I used, Intercitylines. They are both ENCLOSED carriers, and are shippers for barret jackson cars, as well as Almond Exotic does a lot of Vipers. Ive heard horror stories about DAS and just dont trust my car with an open carrier. When my car was shipped, they put a plastic bag over it, as well as plastic seat covers to keep the interior clean. My car arrived exactly as it left. I wouldnt trust anyone else, very good service for a decent price. It cost me $790 from Northern CA, to Phoenix, AZ to give you an idea. You WILL get what you pay for, so protect your investment! I did A LOT of shopping to find out whos the most affordable as well as quality wise, both of these companies are top rated!

http://www.intercitylines.com/

http://www.almondexotictransports.com/

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I can help you on the shipping.
PM me if you are interested. I am in Shipping industry.

FYI, I am in Chino, CA.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Gary Almond, Almond Exotic Transports. Very personal service, entirely enclosed, very nice man. A1 best in the industry. Spend the money for a good transport upfront instead of dealing with problems using an inferior transport company. BTW, DAS sucks! Call Gary, tell him that Kip and others referred you.
Kip

·
5,058 Posts
I watch the guy almost unload my car without the ramps down.
I screamed "STOP YOU FORGOT THE RAMPS!"
His response, "I do that sometimes"

:rofl:

Formula1Vendetta said:
DO NOT USE DAS or I will make fun of you when the car is damaged.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
Dave Capone said:
I watch the guy almost unload my car without the ramps down.
I screamed "STOP YOU FORGOT THE RAMPS!"
His response, "I do that sometimes"

:rofl:
Whew! Good thing the kid who bought my G decided to fly down and drive her back. We were thinking of DAS too since they seem to be the most popular choice. Now I know better.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I'm probably driving the next supra I buy from Chicago to Dallas. Last time I shipped a supra I wasn't too happy (everthing was perfect except they used sandpaper rags to secure $5000 rims, go figure...). Not to mention that I'll save about $900 driving it personally too.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Fly out and drive it back. After my recent experience with trying to have my supra shipped, it seems to be the only way you will know that it will get here safely.

·
doin alright, thanks ;-)
311 Posts
Passport Transport (now owned by Fedex) is the absolute truth. They transport a lot of the cars to the Concourso at Pebble Beach, if that gives any indication to their quality and reputation. I used them to transport my Supra - and it was very expensive, but you get what you pay for: professionalism, utmost care, and peace of mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Back in 2000 I shipped mine from Hermosa Beach, CA to DC with American Auto transporters...I wanna say it was around $800 or so...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts