Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did some searching and didnt find a thread on this or what I was looking for so I figured I'd ask. Im in the process of purchasing a Supra from Texas, I am from Illinois. I would like to have the Supra shipped to me. I need to find a reliable shipping service that is known for a good job. I was hoping to spend under a thousand dollars the lower the better but I dont want to trust the car to a 'unknown' source. If anyone has had any experience or can point me to the right place id greatly appreciate it
Thanks!
Oh and if your wondering what I decided on its a 96 IMJ NA 5 speed. Low miles and a good price and one owner. Its exactly what I was looking for
Ryan-

·
Registered
476 Posts
Use the search button,Type in "shipping supra".There has been aton of threads on this.

But a bit of advice is to never cheap out on shipping if the car means anything to you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It was $1250 to ship mine from Hollywood Ca to Louisville KY in an enclosed trailer and was here in about 4 days. I called around and found prices to be about the same. If you call and say you got a quote from another place, they seem to price match. So perhaps finding a company you like and call them last-see if they will match a price you got from the lowest shipper? Good luck!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1250$ is a little steep for what I was hoping to pay. I seen a ad for 750$ I was hoping someone with shipping experience would see this. Maybe I'll have to shop around and try to get a service to price match. : \

·
Registered
402 Posts
The lower the cost, the lower the company supplied insurance. Also, an enclosed trailer costs more than an open trailer. You can just do a google search for auto shippers and get a quote from multiple places. Then do a search on that company to find reviews or other people that have used that company. Pick one and then call them, and give them your lowest price like gixxer said. If they want your business, they'll match the price.

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
I have made posts in threads just like this to ship cars and gave 3 great web sites to get quotes and shop around without getting off your butt... I suggest you get off your butt and use the search button to find those posts in the many threads like this.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have made posts in threads just like this to ship cars and gave 3 great web sites to get quotes and shop around without getting off your butt... I suggest you get off your butt and use the search button to find those posts in the many threads like this.
Searched,
Shipping a Supra
Car shipping
Supra shipping
Shipping
Shipped.
I went through a few pages but I was at work I didnt have a whole lot of time I got like 78 pages of results.
Do you think I could get those two websites from you? I primarily just wanted a person who shipped before give me a name or two and the experience they had.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like you give up easy... and dont pay attention to what you read... its 3 sites not 2...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=car+shipping+quotes

I am not bashing you but your showing a lazy side of yourself.

Lol at that LMGTFY that is pretty cool.
Anyways I have been looking around and found some places via google search but came here for more info, thought some of you guys might of had 1st hand experience.
Since im shipping a Supra I thought what better place to find someone else who has shipped one.
:bigthumb:

·
2tight Racing
411 Posts
i recently transported one of my sup on an open trailer from colorado to illinois. I used new world auto, 3 day turn around for $775.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
A buddy of mine bought a 2010 BMW 5-series a couple weeks ago. I think he ngotiated a little bit, but he paid $500 for shipping from California to Alabama.

I'll find out the name of the company and post back here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A buddy of mine bought a 2010 BMW 5-series a couple weeks ago. I think he ngotiated a little bit, but he paid $500 for shipping from California to Alabama.

I'll find out the name of the company and post back here.

$500 is a pretty sick price....if you find out let me know because that would be awesome.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i recently transported one of my sup on an open trailer from colorado to illinois. I used new world auto, 3 day turn around for $775.
Any bumps or scratches upon delivery? Im going to look into them right now, Thanks man!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
$500 is a pretty sick price....if you find out let me know because that would be awesome.
I called him earlier. He's going to dig in his paperwork and find out the company name. He said it was something he worked out through the dealer he bought the car from. So... maybe that's why he got it so cheap. I'll find out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just wondering why N/A Supra? lol

And what part of IL you live in?

·
Goes Vroom Pshh now
2,772 Posts
cus NA is the shit :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just wondering why N/A Supra? lol

And what part of IL you live in?
Why the N/A you ask? Well originally I was going with a 95 6 speed TT all stock, the deal me and the guy had going on well...it kind of fell through and he wanted alot done from me but wasnt really meeting me halfway. Ive wanted a Supra forever NA or Turbo. So I looked around more and I could not pass this one up. 96 IJM 5 speed gold package with all factory options, one owner whos a retired fellow so I know the car wasnt beat to death, its been garaged, low miles and a great price plus he is really easy to work with.
You might say well you get what you pay for when it comes to buying a Supra and yea I got what I paid for looking at it in a smart way. I could always go 15-20k for a beat up Supra just because it has a gte in it but why? Its going to break die and depreciate much faster.
Plus I wanna go NA-T. I want a challenge and appreciate my car in the end. I even got a quote for a 2jzgte with the 6 speed trans fully installed for 9k so we will see what happens. I also emailed daveh over at boostwerx and he offered me a complete turbo set up for like 4K so I have alot of options...cant wait :D
Dont get me wrong if I had alot more funds then sure id drop 30k on a gte.
Ill post pics up when the car arrives here, the IJM is going to look really good this time of year being the fall season.

So far the best quote I got was 640 shipped to me, I think thats what were going to go with http://www.autosmoving.com/. Im going to look into the above stated places
Thanks guys!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts