Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

What carrier did you use to ship your tranny to where ever it got built or whatnot. Also what is the weight of the TT auto trans.

Thanks

Yuri

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I use DHL. They are way cheaper than UPS, FEDEX, USPS or even the forum member on here who ships. I got mine shipped from NY to Texas for $74 with my own account (easy for anyone to get). Although it was a while ago, I think I remember my tranny weighing around 130lbs. Someone please jump in and confirm that or correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
Weight spec from Getrag is 112lbs dry. Add packaging I could see the 130.

·
Registered
904 Posts
local forum member shipped mine to texas from stl for 83 bucks, forgot his name, I think 94silver? He posted as a sticky on the for sale section.

-Mike

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well just got done pulling the trans off the engine block and prepping it for shipment. I think I'll have to go the DHL route, not only because it's $80 to go from Chicago to Austin, but I was surprised by their customer service. Lady was very helpfull in explaining everything and giving me all the options. FedEx was $240, and when I called UPS some lady picked up the phone and started talking to me in Ebonics, then they gave me a run-around and I just said screw it with UPS.

As for those who may search for the weight of an auto TT trans in the future, drained, and the bellhousing removed, mine came out to just a puond or two over 120.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
DHL can be ok. Just be sure to put the right amount of insurance on it.
The company i worked for used DHL for all our shipments for a little while. They lost way more packages than any other carrier we've ever used and we've tried them all.

Im not knocking on them, im just saying make sure you got the right amount of insurance on it as a precuation because they can be rough.
Good Luck.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
Just in case that tranny slips through the cracks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts