Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
I haven't shipped a car in almost 10 years. It was like $500 to go from either coast to TX, or from Canada to TX, so like half way across the country. Looked up prices in January for NYC to TX and it was over double that price. Have to shop around. Probably cheaper to fly there and drive it back.
Can check with other brokers that use private contractors too. Contact local dealerships, ask them what they use. Might even be able to hitch a ride on one of their trucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have already thought about driving it back but I am for sure going to ship it back.
I haven't shipped a car in almost 10 years. It was like $500 to go from either coast to TX, or from Canada to TX, so like half way across the country. Looked up prices in January for NYC to TX and it was over double that price. Have to shop around. Probably cheaper to fly there and drive it back.
Can check with other brokers that use private contractors too. Contact local dealerships, ask them what they use. Might even be able to hitch a ride on one of their trucks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There are a few guys on here that have transport contacts from SEMA and SIV, if you are looking for enclosed transports. Mine cost $1300 and I piggybacked with a Koenigsegg, from Phoenix to Austin.
Are looking for inexpensive(like UShip), and is time a factor?
The dealership contacts is a great idea, mine was a contact from Penske out of Scottsdale. If they can deliver exotics, than it was a no brainer for me.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.
There are a few guys on here that have transport contacts from SEMA and SIV, if you are looking for enclosed transports. Mine cost $1300 and I piggybacked with a Koenigsegg, from Phoenix to Austin.
Are looking for inexpensive(like UShip), and is time a factor?
The dealership contacts is a great idea, mine was a contact from Penske out of Scottsdale. If they can deliver exotics, than it was a no brainer for me.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
I used Intercity Lines, Inc. to ship 3 cars cross-country over the last few years. 2x I was the recipient of the car, 1x the shipper, so I saw both sides of the operation. Each time the driver contacted me during the pickup, gave me status along the route, and coordinated the delivery with me. Same truck/driver from start to finish. They took meticulous notes on the condition at pick up (noting any and every slight blemish) and verified everything on the receiving end was exactly as it was documented on pick up. Not the cheapest option, though.

From my research, definitely look for someone who isn't just a middle-man broker, ensure your car is going to be on the same truck with the same driver the whole route (common for some companies to use multiple drivers/trucks and temporarily store/transfer your car from truck to truck along the way to save costs). Had read plenty of horror stories from people who had their cars sitting for days outside at a hub location along the way waiting for the next truck to pick it up for the next leg of the route and getting damaged/joy ridden. More risk each time it is unloaded, sitting, then loaded on another truck. I'd strongly recommend paying the extra for enclosed carriers.

·
616 Posts
I've had good results with Intercity Lines and JP Logistics. Won't be the cheapest but nothing quality ever is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know many big companies that deal with this. You have to be very careful when asking for the help of someone with the delivery of the car. I don't opt for such services, and I better go to that country or city to get my car. That way, I feel much safer. Even when it comes to small packages, I want to be up to date with each package location. Unfortunately, very few delivery companies offer such details. That's why I better take the package or the car by myself or use epacket tracking because I only see the most fixed information there.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Last car I shipped (about five months ago) I used bringatrailer's service and they handled finding a local company that would handle everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts