Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for MKIV TT, in your experiences, does it appear to have noticeble effect/benefit for roadracing handling?
? improved "feel"
? better front end grip, precision
? any induced understeer
increased rigidity, any downsides..too rigid?
any feedback appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Never not had the bar install when running on a roadcourse...

But from freeway on ramp experiences I'd say the car corner's with a flatter feeling with the bar, giving smoother breakaway on the front tires...it's a noticably more skittish without the bar...pretty easy to tell the difference in the rain. Stock suspension.

Cheers,

-Derek S.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can feel the improvement. The ultimate "stiffening" mod is a cage, though. (plus it is great "insurance" whether on the highway or track)

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
The TRD strut bar was the first mod I ever made to my otherwise pure stock car since it is so easy and relatively cheap. I was flabbergasted by how much difference it made in chassis rigidity. With my roof panel off (on the street only, never on the track of course) the difference was much more noticeable. Having said all that, now that I've gotten used to the feel with the bar, the chassis stiffness still feels inadequate as most of us would agree. I never roadraced ...errr I mean only those HPDE sessions not real racing... without the bar but I'd bet my fourth child that handling improvement has to be quite signficant with the bar keeping the tires better planted and pointed as intended and not springing around all over the place.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, i have a TRD bar on the way.

i get that "scuttle" from the front tires during aggressive transitions...i have a feeling that will be reduced

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Don't leave home without it ;), It is a night and day difference on the track, esp. with higher than stock spring rates. Carl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts