Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question - will the NA shocks fit on a TT? I am thinking about swapping susp. setups between the NA and the TT while keeping the NA springs compressed on the same shocks.

Thanks

- Kirk

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
yeah all the suspension parts are compleatly interchangable. but your best bet is to go aftermarket =\, nice shock and spring combo.

S

·
0 Posts
Won't be a problem as long as you're using TT springs w/ the new (TT) shocks..

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok to make things clear - the idea is to put my stock NA Spring/Strut combo on the TT, and the TT KYB's and Eibach setup on the NA - so that will work? I have searched but I want this topic to be cleared up before I take anything apart. :) Thanks guys

- Kirk

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
yes tt KYB shocks and TT eibach springs fit, i have KYB AGX shocks and H&R springs, all off a tt supra, on the car right now and its just amazing. i dont think kyb makes differnt shocks for the na =\. The shocks and Springs are no differnt they are all toyko or something or other, i do belive its the springs, the NA's being slightly less stiff are what change it a tad. if you put NA springs and shocks on a tt i doubt there will be any change, maby it might lower it a half an inch seeing as the tt is heavier.

gonna lower the car befor the tampa meet?

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it will actually lower it about a tenth of an inch :) Not enough to even sweat over. Thanks for the info.

I doubt it will be lowered for the Tampa meet.. but sometime soon.

·
Registered
549 Posts
got any pics?

gamimnon said:
yes tt KYB shocks and TT eibach springs fit, i have KYB AGX shocks and H&R springs, all off a tt supra, on the car right now and its just amazing. i dont think kyb makes differnt shocks for the na =\. The shocks and Springs are no differnt they are all toyko or something or other, i do belive its the springs, the NA's being slightly less stiff are what change it a tad. if you put NA springs and shocks on a tt i doubt there will be any change, maby it might lower it a half an inch seeing as the tt is heavier.

gonna lower the car befor the tampa meet?

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
lol, poor kirk.. the n/a bashing i've recieved for the past 3 months.. will now be directed at him

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Verge said:
lol, poor kirk.. the n/a bashing i've recieved for the past 3 months.. will now be directed at him
I don't see any NA bashing :)

Gamminon - you would be able to tell a little bit more if both before and after pictures were from the side of the car

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
so if i wanted the extra handling of the tt counter part all id have to do is change springs and i could keep the same shocks, is this right

antyhing else id need

i dont want to lower the car....sideskirts wont allow it...i just want the extra handling.

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
blacksupra: if you swap your NA shock spring to a TT setup, you shouldn't lower much, if at all, and I suppose that you will get a little better suspension. But, in all reality, why not just get better aftermarket shocks and put them on with your stock springs. Then you get really good handling (far beyond any stock TT) and can keep your current height. However, I doubt simply swapping out you NA springs to a set of TT springs will make any kind of noticeable improvement in your handling. Your shocks are what really control your handling.

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
as is the stock springs would be fine for you, the only thing that keeps the NA from pulling more then what the TT can on the skid pad is the rid width. get new rims and the NA will out corner a tt any day of the week.

and kirk yeah i know my dumbass just didnt think of it at the time :mad:

you can tell the front is differnt in the two pictures thats about it. the car handels like a wet dream though :D, just put the shocks on 4 or 3 and man your in heaven, just dont hit any pot holes jar your teeth loose at lvl 4

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
I don't find the AGX/Eibach combo to be particularly bone-jarring. I ride on the stiffest setting 24/7 and don't complain too much. I guess I just recognize that the increased handling far exceeds getting bumped around a bit. You just get really good at spotting/avoiding potholes when you are driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts