Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know a trust worthy shop in maryland where i can get nos installed? If so could you leave the name of the shop and the number.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whatever u do NEVER go to BRZ motorsports or whatever the hell they are called in columbia, sneaky lying bastards..screw a shop just call ryan23

·
Registered
594 Posts
go to the BP gas station on route on in laurel...his name is billy cha....he does the best work around here period...he's worked on a whole lot of the supra around here

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
casper said:
go to the BP gas station on route on in laurel...his name is billy cha....he does the best work around here period...he's worked on a whole lot of the supra around here
i'm with casper!

vnt

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I second contacting Ryan23. Awesome guy, knows these cars (and supporting mods) inside and out. It's a no brainer if you live in maryland and need a supra mechanic.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have PMed ryan23 two times along time ago. Thats y i made post cause he hasnt responded

·
Registered
594 Posts
junito, billy cha's shop is on route one...if you're in columbia (i work right off of 32 and broken land) it is about 7 min away...he does all the work right the first time...and when you have a lot of the high quality supra's going to his shop, it should be a hint...he has had about 10 supras

·
Registered
594 Posts
if you want directions, here you go...

29 south
32 towards fort meade
take route 1 south
head down for about 3 miles
you'll see a BP gas station on your right...there're be a rsp supra, a orange supra, and some others...you can't miss it

·
Rugger 4 Life!
1,174 Posts
bump for good shop

Casper - you done with that red stand yet!?!? :D

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
Sorry...somehow missed your PM. You're free to go to whomever you would like, but as usual, I'm available. Despite Casper's claims....Billy does not do "the best work around here period". Do we really need to refer to all the abortions that came out of AA (my old Supe being one of them)? Not trying to elicit a flame war but I am a helluva lot more meticulous. Ask around...

Ryan

·
Low Mile ALPINE--11,000
500 Posts
Billy Cha hands down. I am not sure why you(RYAN) are saying that billy "doesnt do the best work". and with what your saying it does seem like you want to start a debate (or flame war) Anything that has come out of the BP from billy has been great. The claims about problem coming from AAM i do not know about, but I believe most problems stem from ownership and managment of AAM itself, and not Billy as a mechanic.

But either way...Ryan and Billy are both the great with these cars and know them inside and out.

mehran

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
Xi MKIV said:
Billy Cha hands down. I am not sure why you(RYAN) are saying that billy "doesnt do the best work". and with what your saying it does seem like you want to start a debate (or flame war) Anything that has come out of the BP from billy has been great. The claims about problem coming from AAM i do not know about, but I believe most problems stem from ownership and managment of AAM itself, and not Billy as a mechanic.

But either way...Ryan and Billy are both the great with these cars and know them inside and out.

mehran
Mehran -
No, really, I'm not trying to start a flame war. I'll cite you a few examples. First off, most recent, take my RX-7. RC can attest to this, it was flawless when I picked it up. Not a SINGLE door ding, perfect paint, 60K miles, ETC. I was living in Laurel and needed a state inspection done. BP was like 2 mins from my driveway. So I dropped it off for an hour. Come back, still in the garage, I have a door ding about the size of a half dollar.

Step back a bit...my old Supra when Isaac owned it. He brought it to Altered to get a T-belt done. Maybe you remember this thead from a couple years ago:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128097

-Or how about the power wire that came straight off the battery to the fuel pump, no fuse, just a relay.

-Or how about that fuel pump that wasn't low enough so it had to start up dry every time the car was restarted. This led to the failure of a $200 Aeromotive pump.

-Or how about the "Crower rods" that were documented to be bought and installed in the new engine that was replaced at 53K miles (oh yeah, previously tuned by Altered). Turns out they were stock rods

- Or how about the "ghetto-fabulous" oil return line that was half assed and left me stranded at a dyno day in PA.

All of this (and plenty more) was performed by Altered and Billy was the mechanic. He remembers the car, we discussed it when I brough the seven to him for inspection. I ended up going over the entire car and fixing everything. Maybe some people will see this as an attack but it truely is not the case. But when somebody says,"He does the best work around here period!" Forgive me, but I get offended. I take too much pride in what I do for admittedly, less money, than others. I challenge anyone to say they came away with a bad experience from me.

There is more than enough work to go around, I'm not looking for all of it. However, I will not idly stand by and admit, by omission, that someone does better work or is more meticulous than I am. Because I know better. As do others.

Ryan

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
supra94t said:
Paul Efantis at MSP in Frederick, Md has done awesome work on my car. That's my recommendation
You're kidding right? Ask Frank what he thinks of the work on his car. Tarik - same thing. I have had a 3rd owner who's name escapes me also bring their car to me for a retune. ALL of these cars suffered body damage at that shop, ALL of these owners complained of extended stays. Paul drives a fast race car and it's impressive but the same cannot be said for the work I've seen out of that shop and there are plenty of folks who can back me up on this.

Altered? I know of a certain Supra being debugged that came out of there. They put in a huge Aeromotive coffee grinder pump and "sumped" the plastic tank with a bulkhead fitting in the bottom. Dual Walbros would've been perfect for this car - it's got like a 67mm turbo on it. The car showed up with a VPC, GCC on it all zeroed with an eManage attached to it - it ran like shit. Before the car was worked on the A/C and heat worked fine, now if you turn on the heat it blows fuses. :rolleyes: I could go on and perhaps this car is an exception but you get the picture - it's not pretty. I know a guy who often tunes AEM standalones for Altered, his work is solid but you've got to have a solid setup to tune <ahem>. I have no idea who Billy is and haven't seen his work - I suspect that this car wasn't in his hands.

I know Ryan and consider him a good friend so obviously my opinion is biased. Ryan will likely be helping me do a head swap and he may be building a motor for me as he has others. I trust his work but as I said I'm biased.

What exactly do you need done? Are you looking to do a port nitrous setup or a single nozzle? How much are you looking to spray and how were you looking to trigger it? I'm considering doing a small shot myself for spoolup but haven't decided.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ryan23 said:
someone does better work or is more meticulous than I am.
Ryan

I know of someone that is more meticulous then Ryan.....

That would be me..... working on my own car.

J/K......

I hope Ryan will still do my cams.....PLEASE.

·
No Ego or Arrogance!!!!!!
744 Posts
What ever you do don't take it to MSP Paul shop,My car was there for 6 month and not completed with a few dents and scratches.I would call Ryan23 then if he is bussy go with billy but dont go to MSP period.

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
sully said:
I know of someone that is more meticulous then Ryan.....

That would be me..... working on my own car.

J/K......

I hope Ryan will still do my cams.....PLEASE.

Oh...I'm so gonna f*ck your car up....

J/K :D

Ryan
P.S. Your sig is gay :p

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I'd say Ryan23 is a good candidate for a mechanic on the supra. I've seen him work on supras and he is definitely cafeful and plays close attention. Very stand up person. I've never heard anything bad about him and i know most of his close supra buddies and they all say the same. If i didn't do my own work, i'd send mine to ryan.

PS: Be sure to fuck sully's cams all up so i can beat him on my stock twins while he has his single on:finger:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts