Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is anyone that can roll fenders cheaper than $600, I called new concept in plano and that is the estimate they gave, but I can't afford that...help me out

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
SamsEar said:
I was wondering if there is anyone that can roll fenders cheaper than $600, I called new concept in plano and that is the estimate they gave, but I can't afford that...help me out

Rent a roller and heat gun, it's not hard to roll the rear fenders.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
A friend of mine knows someone who'd rent his roller out for about $75 for a weekend. If you plan it out, we can get a few ppl to go in together and get 'em all done in 1 weekend.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
^^ that's what the heat gun is for. The pros use it to "soften" the paint... and make it much less likely to crack.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I'm down... my paint is already cracked are chipped off the fender lip do to poor rolling attempts before. I'd like to just get them squared away.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
Rent the roller, it's the right way to do it. We did 2 cars over a weekend. I just used a blow dryer, no paint cracked on either one.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I just got more info.... This guy is located locally and will let you rent the tool AND heatgun for $50 (5 days)... w/a $300 deposit. He belongs to a local Subaru club and their members have been sharing the rental cost and doing multiple cars in 1 day. If we're lucky, I can probably even find one of the guys that's done it a few times and see what he'd do it for, if we set up a few cars to have done.

At least for me, I may do this on both the MKIII and MKIV... worth the $50 I'm sure. he says it should only take a couple of hours per car... Anyways, here ya go. More reason to get a few of us together for a BBQ or sumthin'.

http://rollyourfender.com/

Here's the some info from the rental info page...

I can meet you in Irving or Las Colinas area during lunch time and Valley Ranch or Addison after business hour. For examples:

Lunch: I-35E & MockingBird Ln. or Hwy 183 & Beltline Rd.

After Business Hour/Weekend: Dallas North Tollway & Beltline Rd (Addison, TX) or MacArthur Blvd & I-635.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
SamsEar said:
did they explain why their price to roll the fenders was so rediculous?

·
fortes fortuna adiuvat
267 Posts
damn that is a sick transformation my nig!...haha cant wait to see it with the CCWs!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
786 said:
damn that is a sick transformation my nig!...haha cant wait to see it with the CCWs!
Yes what a transformation indeed..... I am glad you were there for the whole trip, we came a long way baby! :sadance:

·
fortes fortuna adiuvat
267 Posts
i remember when you bought her, she looked like a blazed catfish...even then we saw the potential and look at her now!...shes just missin her shoes but that will be remedied soon enough...well, hit me up tommorow man and feel free to join our little trip if you change your mind...lata playa

1 - 20 of 27 Posts