Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Part-time Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Supra sits outside 100% of the time so I've been looking into buying a car cover to protect it from the elements. Seached the web a bit and found many covers available for MKIIIs. I found that prices and materials/features vary vastly.Everything from ebay-offerings starting at $20 (probably no good.. lol) to custom-fit covers topping $200. I want to know what you guys are using for your cars. Preferences? Recommendations? Testimonials?

Thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm using a cheap one I bought from Advanced Auto Parts... Supposed to fit my vehicle but it's actually a bit small.... Not really happy with it but it gets the job done when I need to leave the car sitting for a while.

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
Seeing as how you are in WA, I bought mine at costco for around 50. I bought a medium size cover, but I should have bought a large cover. The medium barely covers the rear bumper, a large would cover it perfectly.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I am assuming this is custom. It looks awesome. (not mine)

·
Part-time Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. Anyone here have one of the more expensive covers ($150+)? I'd rather spend a $150 for something that works really well than $50 for one that does no good. But I'll go ahead and check out whats available at Wall-mart, Costco and such. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
i dont have pics, but i got the mid priced one from california car cover more than two years ago. fits snug, has snap rings in sides to bungee to undercarriage. mirrors line up, doesnt scratch the car either. two winters and no rips. by the way- i think for an extra fee you can get that supra logo screened on the car cover.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I'll second the one from wallmart. I'm not normally fond of the crap they sell, but this appears to be the exception that proves the rule. Damn cheap, fully waterproof, and tough as hell.

It's not custom fitted to the Supra, but the generic pattern fits well enough.

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
I bought one from WalMart when I had to bring my car many miles home on a trailer. It's cheap and served me well. I since gave it to my friend who has a Trans Am and he just puts it on in the garage (I like to drive my car more than he does so I don't care).

·
Registered
140 Posts
I feel the need for a cover living in WA as well. I think shucks has them for like 30-40 dollars but they are probably sucky. Nice to see someone else representin K-town (changsta)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i have one with SUPRA printed on the front like the one seen above^^

·
Registered
609 Posts
blackout_89t said:
I am assuming this is custom. It looks awesome. (not mine)

Hey look it's my car...lol. No it's not custom, it is a cover that came from the dealer that the previous owner purchased with the car back in 87.

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Jokerzinc said:
What size did yall get for those who got one from wal mart?
There's a little chart on the box, it should outline which cars it will fit. It's kind of universal, but it's pretty damn close IMO.

·
Part-time Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lolife_wisc said:
i dont have pics, but i got the mid priced one from california car cover more than two years ago. fits snug, has snap rings in sides to bungee to undercarriage. mirrors line up, doesnt scratch the car either. two winters and no rips. by the way- i think for an extra fee you can get that supra logo screened on the car cover.
Are you happy with the product? Do remember exactly which version you have? Cal Car Cover offers over 8 different ones. BTW...what kind are the winters like where you are? Thanks for your input.

·
Part-time Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went ahead and bought a cover a couple of days ago at Walmart. Got the size that the manufacturer recommended. Cost was $40. I slap it on the car and it looks like a dog shit. But I dunno, if it works well, maybe it will do. The cover material is Tyvek; so atleast I know it's not some generic junk. Here are some pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts