Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I've never done anything with SSA but I have heard both good and bad. I personally wouldn't have any problems using them. They seem to really work hard for their customers. I have however had Power Fab do some work for be (partly because they are about 3 blocks away) and everything has been done on time or early at the prices quoted with no issues what so ever. They even installed the AEM-2 I have in now as well as the some of the tuning. For any really "BIG" hp ECU tuning I'd probably go with Justin N. over in Austin or Dynosaur Motorsports only because they are a bit more familiar with the tuning monster Supras.

·
Registered
959 Posts
You must be new to Houston otherwise you would have heard of AutoBanh Motorsport. There are a lot of good shop in houston can work on Supra, but Autobanh Motorsport specialized in SUPRA.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'll be doing "drive bys" to check these places out. When I first arrived to Houston I had a bad experience with SGP racing. I had backed off of doing mods but I'm ready to get back to being broke.

·
Inline for the win
4,779 Posts
Tommy @ Autobanh in Houston. If that doesn't work, Ross @ Dynosaur or Zohair @ Boostlogic (Austin).

DP

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I remember going by SGP Racing once whenever I was a kiddo.

I thought it was a nice shop, but I was probably just distracted by all the Supras! :D

·
Raising the BAR
3,325 Posts
Hennesey racing in sealy. I know it's not Houston but it's close.

·
Registered
471 Posts
F*** SSA. I wouldnt take my grandmas car there.
Try Tommy @ autobahn.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Chris from ssa did a great job tuning my car.. Great guys working at the shop. I trust them to work on my supra..
They've tuned my buddy's turbo civic, his srpowered 240, and now his 1jz singled sc. They've also done a friends prelude. They do dam good work and I would love to have them tune my car or even do fab work.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
They've tuned my buddy's turbo civic, his srpowered 240, and now his 1jz singled sc. They've also done a friends prelude. They do dam good work and I would love to have them tune my car or even do fab work.
I've heard nothing but good things about SSA from James (2JZ swapped MKIII)!

Also... the 1JZ singled SC... probably one of my favorite drift cars now! :agreed:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts