Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Sacramento and just dropped a JDM motor in my 88mk 3 to get it roadworthy...then blew my fucking headgasket in 2 days by simply cruising around.
I just bought a complete t 04 turbo kit that will require IC pipes anyhow so I'm scrapping the stock intake manifold since it all has to come off anyhow.

I need someone that can roll me a 4in inner diameter sheet of 1/8 in Aluminum and weld it to my lower runners. I may or may not retain my ISC.
Thanks Guys.

·
@llcoolgene
662 Posts
iF you can make the trip....Call up BLACKTRAX in milpitas and talk to Aki...he can do it for you no problem....

L

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
How much are you looking into spending on getting the manifold made though? aight peace :chicken:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jt2ma71's?
I hit him up.

Regardless, back in 97 a buddy of mine made a sheetmetal FFI for his and I know the design like the back of my hand.
He used a BBK mustang throttle body for his though.
I am going right now to this guy's shop to get my manifold made.
I'm not looking to spend much as it's not necessary. ISC and CSI are being scrapped. I can drill and tap the fittings.
If I had access to a mill I could make the flanges as well.
IF all goes well I will post his info up.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have until the 5th which is when my head gasket,studs, and turbo kit show up. Manifold has to be done first so I can mock up my IC pipes.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
I like my manifold right here :) this one took close to about 6 - 8 weeks to finish though... aight peace :chicken:

ps- Thats a RON R. Manifold btw if ya didn't know!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't. Wow. That is a work of art. Perfect welds.
I just got back and I am letting him take the reigns.

He (Paul) sat down and basically drew a veilside manifold and said, It will look like this.
He is going to call me tomorrow morning with the price.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paul is just about to drop off the manifold. He finished it in a day so we will see how the quality turns out.
I will be posting pics obviously.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can honestly say I am impressed with the welds and craftsmanship.
However, this is certainly a manifold fabricated in the function over form variety.
The entire thing was fabbed on a jig so the mounting flange is laser-straight.
If anyone out there is looking for a less expensive manifold with a shorter turnaround time I would suggest Paul Jone's work in a hearbeat.
He can be reached at Specialized exhaust and custom Fab in Elk Grove, Ca.
His number is 916-714-0938.
Pics to follow.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FFIM from Paul Jones.

Here are the pics of the unfinished, uninstalled manifold. I expect some challenges installing it, but having easy access to my injectors will be nice.

I will be installing a turbo kit,head gasket, this manifold, and reinstalling my AC system after 4 years of not having one.

Paul is also going to be doing my intercooler pipes and exhaust so I will keep everyone abreast/aboob of the situation.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Definitely need some more pics. That looks pretty darn good to me. I'd also like to see it installed and know how the fitting up went.

Nice job !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts