Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble finding a short shifter for a R154 tranny. I can find lots for the V160 MKIV, but only the C's for the R154, and thats too much money. Is there any other alternatives other than the home made one?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a copy?? This is more than the C's I was lookin at.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
KozanBMW said:
I am having trouble finding a short shifter for a R154 tranny. I can find lots for the V160 MKIV, but only the C's for the R154, and thats too much money. Is there any other alternatives other than the home made one?
KozanBMW said:
This is a copy?? This is more than the C's I was lookin at.
All nice parts have an entry fee. Welcome to reality.

·
Registered
81 Posts
how come there's no supplier of true short shifters for the MK3? i mean, the first thing that i noticed when i first saw the interior of the MK3 was the big ass truckers stick shift. hehehe!!

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
I installed my JK shifter last October. I do NOT regret this install at all! I LOVE IT! Thank you Jim King - and SupraSport.

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
FromDaStreetz said:
sometimes I wished i owned an mkiv.....Just because parts are so much cheaper
Are you on fucking crack? Everything on the mkiv is ten times more expensive.......I know........I used to own one.

·
can't spell shazam w/o it
315 Posts
87turbosupra said:
Are you on fucking crack? Everything on the mkiv is ten times more expensive.......I know........I used to own one.
I don't know... sometimes I just check out the MKIV parts and they seem alot chepaer overall than their MKIII counterparts.

Bigger aftermarket, more competition = better for the consumer.

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
hamzam said:
I don't know... sometimes I just check out the MKIV parts and they seem alot chepaer overall than their MKIII counterparts.

Bigger aftermarket, more competition = better for the consumer.
Every part I've bought for my car seemed to be at least 100 bucks cheaper than it's 4th gen counterpart.

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
87turbosupra said:
Well if you go in the f/s section things like springs/shocks, aftermarket manifolds, etc etc are all cheaper. If you look on ebay for shit for the mkiii, the same stuff for the mkiv is usually cheaper.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
stock mkiv parts = assload. you couldnt find a v160 6-speed for less then 1 grand...alot of mkiv parts are priced about the same, but some are just really priced high

cheapest short shifter I have found is cutting the stock one down, and rewelding the threads on the end...works great :bigthumb:

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
let me correct myself by saying alot of AFTERMARKET stuff is cheaper. OEM stuff is still a small fortune for mkiv because they aren't being parted out and there are smaller numbers of mkiv's vs mkiiis.

·
Registered
625 Posts
yeah there is more aftermarket support readily available but don't worry our mkiii comunity is on the rise. and if not I know there are a few of us that just intend to own them all. As popularity picks up more stuff and cost will come down for us. I mean within the past few years we have lots of stuff made from cf parts from duane and cfx to bolt on turbos from sp... Im sure its only a matter of time till prices come down.

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
MAN! You newbies have it so easy. 10 years ago you could count the number of parts specifically available for the MkIII on one (maybe two) hand(s). The aftermarket support for the MkIII has increased considerably since I got my Supra - although admitedly some cool parts are no longer available (HKS TEMS Controller and the Toyota TDSE).

Keith

·
Registered
147 Posts
i did the sogi short shift mod and its great, its a ton shorter, and the shifting feels a lot stiffer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts