Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Quick question, on my v160 the throws are very short; were your guys' throws short as well? I dont see how much shorter they can get after the C's installed.

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Man, this is a old thread...I remember when I first wrote it :p ! In case any one is wondering, my C's shifter has become 10x better than what it was when I first put it in. It's much smoother and easier to shift...Darshana S...

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a C's to install, Sounds like I need to get it done.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
I need to pick me up one of these! sounds like a good investment

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have the c's short shifter in mine aswell.. It already had that when i got the car. So i have never felt a stock supra shifter, But I must say that when I first started driving supra(with c's shifter) it felt kinda strang with such short throws from gear to gear. But im getting used to it now so that's ok. but would have been nice to know how a stock one feels.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Picked mine up today. Here's some pics of the install.

Stock shifter.

Wahser needs to go in first. Beveled side down.

The nylon bushing will stick out some after this.

Gap when you put the spacer in place.

To fill this I put a piece of wire at the top of the nylon bushing.

Make sure everything is on the C's and greased up before installing.

Bolts supplied by C's fit just fine. Pay attention to which side of the shifter is facing the reverse block!

Push that boot down all the way.

Crawl under the car and bolt the bottom of the shifter to the linkage and you're done.

Stock, B&M, C's

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice write up, I really need to install mine.

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It looks like you installed the gold colored plate on the shifter upside down...I don't think it should make a difference though...Darshana S...

·
Registered
70 Posts
yep, gold plate is definitely upside down. ;)

mannnn, what a GORGEOUS shifter. i really hope i can get my hands on one!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Wow thanks for posting the pics! This is an old thread but I realized that I have a C's shifter lying around in my spare parts box and I should install it!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
^^^ i'll buy it from you!

EDIT: crap! nevermind, just noticed you're in the philippines.

·
Single and Bangin
543 Posts
There are a still few places who have them in stock..not in North America however I just picked up a brand new one 2 weeks ago and it just arrived, Good luck to anyone still searching for one these jems, it will surely be missed if C's doesn't put them back in production.

·
Boost Addicted.
1,217 Posts
There are a still few places who have them in stock..not in North America however I just picked up a brand new one 2 weeks ago and it just arrived, Good luck to anyone still searching for one these jems, it will surely be missed if C's doesn't put them back in production.
I'm also looking for this shifter, so would you please PM from where you got yours?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm also looking for this shifter, so would you please PM from where you got yours?
its no use. they already emailed me back that they're out :(

·
Single and Bangin
543 Posts
The C's that just came in was from Greenline.jp I believe it was the very last ones they had in stock. I was told they had a very limited supply 1 or 2 left, and the other one I bought for my black car 3 months ago was from RHDJapan and they also said they had a very limited stock. There were 2 on E-bay selling for $350 a month ago.

·
Registered
70 Posts
^^^ yea i saw one of them on eBay, i hadn't done my 6-speed swap yet so figured these would be pretty easy to come by once i was done with my swap.

BOYYYYY was i WRONG!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts