Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friday the 13th; I'm in my little office at the Century 21 Branch when the head broker says to me: "Yo Chris, check out what I brought today."

Me: Heck yea.

Now, the head broker(aka my boss) knows I'm a car guy and on some mornings, we talk about cars. I know he owns a Bently Continental GT and every Friday, he proudly parks it at the front of the office for everyone to covet.

Well, I get up and walk outside and right in front of me is a brand new Ferrari F430 from the Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills. My first words: "No fucking way."

He says: "Hop in." Right then and there I tremble and my heart pounds.

I get into the car and the smell of leather pervades my nostrils and enters my soul.

He starts the car and

we exit the parking lot. Right as we get onto the street, he gives the gas a quarter throttle unleashing this sweet instantaneous torque followed by an indescribable exhaust note. The gauges, the leather, the beautiful hood, the seat belt caressing me; O my Gosh, I'm going to orgasm now. In many ways it was better than sex.

When he lets off the gas, the exhaust gives off this tone that made me almost literally cum in my underwear. I'm not gay nor do I gravitate towards men but when I sat there and heard this exhaust note, I would've sold my ass to anyone for this car.

We continue down the boulevard and then head back. Every second of every minute within that 8 minute ride, I was in sheer heaven. Everyone looked at us, the car hummed, and the car felt like a real stallion waiting to be opened up.

My point: As some of you know, I just bought a used 2000 Porsche Carrera(not the turbo and not the the Carrera 4S, just the Carrera and I beyond love this car. I bought it used two weeks ago with 33k miles on it. After riding this Ferrari, I felt like getting into my Porsche was like getting onto a bicycle.

I make great money but not great money to buy a Ferrari or Lambo. Question: Is it that sweet to own such SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET CARS? It might be a dumb question but believe it or not, I am over paranoid of my Porsche right now. It's in the garage, covered and I keep it spotless. When the dog gets into the garage, I get nervous or when anyone gets into the garage, I have to race there to supervise no one gets close to the car.

I think if I owned a Ferrari, I'd have a panic attack just making sure no one got within 20 feet of it.

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
A client of mine has a Modified Carrera GT, not the fastest off the line, or the car with the MOST horsepower, but with the T-TOP off, and the V10 behind you, the effect is haunting. I will never forget it.

·
PREPOSTERONE
921 Posts
I drove an 360 Modena 2 years ago in Australia, i still get excited just thinking about driving the thing. But id def go standard 6 speed stick FTW...nice writeup

·
Registered
698 Posts
Great write up. Wish these kind of things happened to me. Not sure I know anyone with anything nicer than a BMW!

Oh, and by the title, I thought this was going to be a picture of a Ferrari with a gun rack.

·
Very Senior Member
10,056 Posts
It's no Supra, but it's OK.

Heh - J/K.

I would probably be too paranoid (not to mention too, errr, frugal) to get one. I's rather have several faster cars for the money!

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
There is one in here.

I might be alone here, but I still think the 328 has one of the sexiest front ends of any Ferrari ever. I love the whole car, but the front just does something to me.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I've never been in a 430, but have about an hour of passenger seat time combined in two different 360s, and one of them being driven like a bat by a former Toyota Atlantic Series race car driver (THAT was a thrill, but could have been delivered in a Corvette or any number of other cars). I liked the 360s okay, but frankly they didn't make anything like the impression on me that you described. How could just sitting in the passenger seat get you so excited? If I could find a car that excited me as much as you described, I would be robbing a bank or somehow scraping up money to buy one. I don't think crack or meth makes one feel THAT good, does it??? :)

·
The Funny Man
1,254 Posts
Reminds me when I worked at a large dealership around here. I was great friends with the owner ( a HUGE Ferrari lover ).....one day he tells me I need to gas up one of his cars ( he owns a bunch of classic vettes and such, so I was stoked). He throws me the keys and says the car is out front. Looking at that horse emblem in my hands, i just about freaked. Brand new 550 Maranello (6-speed). Most exciting drive I have had. He even took me for a ride in his F50 before he sold it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
man that write up is awesome. probably EXACTLY the way i'd feel if i ride shotgun in it.

you just can't beat a v8 with that soundtrack behind your ear....

then again if i were you i'd think about taking up your boss' offer until i can or am pretty close to being able to afford one.

i KNOW once i get a ride in it (like you just did) the cars i drive will feel like shit, and i will be a pretty sad human being.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts