Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm writing from Australia and in need of some advice or convincing I guess.

I have always loved Supras ever since I was a little kid and always dreamed of owning one.

Right now, prices in Australia are pretty hectic for a RZ JZA80 so I ended up picking up an Evo 8, pushing around 200kw at the wheels on 98 pump petrol and around 250kw at the wheels on e85 fuel. It's great fun and works as my only car for daily driver/weekender duties.

My question goes out to you Supra guys, but if you've owned or driven both the Evo and Supra, even better.

Is it worth selling the Evo 8 and picking up an N/A Supra? Would that be total pig and be sorely disappointed? I guess if I did that go route, I'd hopefully get around to NA+T, but would be a while to save up for that.

Cheers,
TE

·
iSPOOL
1,318 Posts
My main question I ask people is do you have a daily driver? Or will this car be your only mode of transportation?
While these cars are extremely reliable for the most part, once you begin to modify anything you reduce the vehicles factory reliability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My main question I ask people is do you have a daily driver?
Hey Shady 2jz, thanks for the reply, it would be my only car, so with reliability being a factor, the idea would be to not do anything too crazy if I can control the mod bug.

·
iSPOOL
1,318 Posts
Hey Shady 2jz, thanks for the reply, it would be my only car, so with reliability being a factor, the idea would be to not do anything too crazy if I can control the mod bug.
Ok cool. Many would suggest getting a daily beater before going in on major modifications but at the end of the day it's your money and decision!
I'm sure you already know the NA Supra is considerable slower than an Evo 8 so don't expect too much if you haven't driven one yet. Still pleasurable.
What are the current prices for Supras over there?

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,279 Posts
Personally I would drive the Evo while you save up money for a turbo Supra. Then when it’s within grasp, sell the Evo, buy the Supra and get yourself a daily beater car to drive around.

·
Registered
236 Posts
SZ Supras probably around the 20-30k AUD and RZs start at around 50k
That's cheap as hell. Your money isn't worth anything lol. If I were you I'd look at getting a small business loan and exporting the +25 year old clean examples to the states. You could sell them for 150% after cost with ease. Sell two, and you've paid for your own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts