Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum so I apologize if I'm posting on the wrong subtopic.

I'm in Australia, and have come across the opportunity to pick up a 93 aerotop (automatic obviously) with 185,XXXkms (115,xxx miles) imported into Australia 10 years ago left unmolested and mostly stock with a full service record for $16,500 (around $12000 American dollars). Is this a deal I should seriously consider or is this a deal I could see myself losing money on? Thank you for your help.

Link to the ad if anyone would like to have a look at it. 1993 Auto Toyota Supra Aerotop | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Strathfield Area - Strathfield | 1255467655

Super Moderator
Welcome to the Forum 馃嵑

They aren't making any more. So if that's a car you want, and it's within your means, you'd be a fool to wait.
If you're worried about losing money on a car - my most sage and serious advice is to find another hobby entirely.

Just so you're aware, only the JDM models were auto only with aerotops. US market models were routinely aerotops even the TT 6-spd models. US market LHD hardtops are just about as rare as JDM aerotops, hilariously enough.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply mate, it looks like I could have a pretty good deal sitting in front of me here, guess now all I have to look into is the cost of a manual swap for it.

Thanks again.

Registered
It sounds like a decent deal. I鈥檓 not sure what the market it like for them where you live, but I imagine if it checks out then it shouldn鈥檛 be too hard to sell if you choose to go another route down the line.

Also, automatics aren鈥檛 so bad. My first Supra was an NA auto and I care more about slapping a turbo on it than it being auto.

...pop the hood!
the same car goes for a lot more in the us...even the rhd

From the land down under
If its all that you say it is, and it is mechanically healthy, I would snap it up. The bonnet seems to be sitting higher on the left hand side by the headlight, but that may just be the rubber stopper that needs to be adjusted.

As Wreckless already said, they arent making them anymore, so provided its kept tidy, its certainly not going to lose you any money.

First thing to do is lose that pod filter, so try and find a factory airbox, and a good panel filter :)

Very Senior Member
I don't think there is much way you could lose any money if that car runs. It may be worth that in parts alone!
Don't diss the automatic until you have driven it a while. I love mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts