Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 87 Turbo supra. 5 sp. Body is red in good shape, ok interior, odometer shows 98,000 miles. One problem,could be a big problem, he said the fuel pump needs to be replaced. I don't know for sure. Car doesn't run. He's asking 1500.00 as is. What do ya'll think?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok tell the guy to replace the fuel pump and then if the car runs you can pay him 1500.00 plus the cost of fuel pump replacement. cool

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
what part of the country are you from? theres a place here in tampa that has 3 supras...and i think they may run

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
afgtaz420 said:
ok tell the guy to replace the fuel pump and then if the car runs you can pay him 1500.00 plus the cost of fuel pump replacement. cool
:agreed:

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Nah man, it's a piece of cake. Crack open the fuel connection at the fuel rail and see if it's currently getting fuel pressure. If not, make a deal with him that you'll buy it if the fuel pump fixes it, if not he pays you for the pump and time to change it. With a jack, a couple of stands and hand tools you can change that pump in an hour or two, it's not that hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts