Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Black Hardtop Supra
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 2002 Yamaha r6 that Im looking to buy.. Owner wants 5999 and it has 8000 miles on it. Its Raven color, black on black with red lip. It has some body scratches, shaved signals, blacked out wind deflector, and a few other things. I want to know if this is a good buy or should i talk the owner down a bit before i purchace. Also owner is tossing in helmet, jacket, and gloves. Thanks guys

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
Yeah, 8,000 on a bike is a lot of miles. Bikes are not like cars...bike miles are the same as dog years...they're worth way more, LOL. :p

·
Registered
868 Posts
Definitely talk him down. I would offer somewhere in the low $5k range with the mileage and also damage to the plastics. Remember that plastics are not cheap.

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
bike engines can last just as long as cars, but they are either crashed, or too poorly maintained to have any kind of long life. There are TONS of bikes with over 100 000 miles.

·
Registered
868 Posts
No one said that bike motors can't last, I think that everyone is just saying the price is a little high for a bike with those miles and also damage. I think an 02 R6 with lower miles and perfect bodywork would get around $6k but not one with damage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts