Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i recently got my car fully functioning about a month ago, and i absolutly LOVE it
well im 17 and going to collage soon, so im not 100% sure if i can afford to keep it :crying: so i put it on craigslist to see if i could get a trade. had a guy offer me a 2002 land rover freelander with every option on it, gold with tan leather, 60k on the clock, new tires etc etc
as we know a supra is not a very economical car, especially when you can never stop modding it lmao
so what im asking is would it be worth it to go ahead and trade and either sell the rover or drive it, idc honestly, i just dont want to cause the supra is my first car and i love that thing to death
any input greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
^i went threw this too i just started college and i could not part with my supra so i suggest you deal with the economy and keep the car youll regret selling it

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just started college in September. Took the plates off the Supra and have it on my dd now. If your money's right, put down the Supra and buy a little beater.

·
3M ENGINEER R.&.D
1,062 Posts
2002 land rover freelander with every option on it, gold with tan leather, 60k on the clock, new tires etc etc

For your 20 year old Supra?

·
Registered
72 Posts
HAHAHA... thats hilarious... he cant spell college! sorry...

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
keep it but DON'T MOD IT! I drove mine all through college and the only problems were only me wanting to do more and more to it...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wrote that on busted iphone guys sorry for the mistake lol
and yea ive thought about getting a beater but mom totally refuses to let me get another car lol she says you can only drive one at a time
but what would you guys recommend as a beater, civic?

·
4,934 Posts
First car? Oh damn...I remember I was attached to my Saturn SC2 for that same reason.

You have to do some haaaard thinking...it'll never be working perfectly and you'll have to know enough about the car to fix the odds and ends that break occasionally so you don't get stuck someplace.

Relatively speaking, it breaks less than other cars if you don't try and kill it. But it also soaks up all your spare money because 'one more mod can't hurt ;)'

·
SF Contributing Member
1,549 Posts
I would trade... Sell it and get something decent. ;)

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Land rover's are not too good on gas..... And maintenance is a pain in the ass, if something breaks on you, be prepared to spend some cash.

sell the supra and get 97+ civic or accord.

Until you have saved up some money, then keep the daily driver and buy a supra.

·
Addict
1,120 Posts
I have a supra sitting in my parking lot.. I searched forever for a RELIABLE gas saver... checked it out alot had mechanics check it and drove it alot.. Finally bought a 3.5k car for 2k like new :p mazda mx-3 dd monster gas mileage... I suggest if you want it.. try to scrounge up 1-2k buy a honda-mazda four banger that was babied by someone preferably older.

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
MAD and MoTec got it right. Land Rovers are not cheap to work on. Since you need money to work on either one, school should be the first priority. The Supra has been there 20+ years. Think it can wait a few more?

·
Registered
78 Posts
:lol:

School first, toys last.

Duane
(^lol )! you need to know alot to make this car YOURS . if you dont have to sell it don't . buy you a $500-700 honda with 30-35mpg with a fart can and act tough till you get your supra done ! then bring the supra out one day when everyone thinks your gonna drive the honda and show YOUR car .

·
Registered
601 Posts
Doing the college/Supra thing right now is tough, old cars have problems

If you can keep the supra keep it aside and get a beater, there is nothing wrong with driving a civic or accord, if they get you to A-B, then your good, especially with the gas mileage. Heck I have a 1998 nissan altima with 190K on the odo. and it runs like a champ. It's great when the supra breaks, or when I need it for winter.

Get yourself a beater.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i say trade, because you would go through allot of trouble with it and you dont need that during college. you can always buy a supra with your finish.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts