Supra Forums banner

Should I get 98 taillights or keep it?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dont know what to think.. What do u think, guys?

Some people said my 98 headlights and 95 taillight are matched because of black housing and it looks really good on white Supra.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
98 look better imho :bigthumb:

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
I personally always liked your headlights. The two clear lenses are unique but the stock headlight look is also really nice. The colour of the housing provides a nice contrast, and by the looks of the combo on your car (black rims, 98 housing, white paint) I think you should keep the theme going.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,447 Posts
Get the 98's and keep yours. If you ever feel the need to change back, its only 10 minutes away. :)

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
s14roller said:
It's more of a coin toss imo with something like a red car.
I wonder if it will be heads or tales on my red car when I have 98's installed on mine tomororw :dunno: :)

Honestly, I don't think anyone that doesn't know Supras would be able to even tell the difference if you make the change, so it is more of a personal preference. With the 98 head lights, that is more noticable in my opinion.

Brad

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Well I think if you could make that grey housing darker on the 98's that would be my personal favorite.

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
I would leave it as is.....your car's entire colour scheme is white/black, so I think it's best to stay the course :)

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
banton said:
I wonder if it will be heads or tales on my red car when I have 98's installed on mine tomororw :dunno: :)

Honestly, I don't think anyone that doesn't know Supras would be able to even tell the difference if you make the change, so it is more of a personal preference. With the 98 head lights, that is more noticable in my opinion.

Brad
Brad, on a red car...98 by far look the best. You will be very happy you did it.

I say 98's all the way.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Keep 'em! So many people have the 98's...be different. Plus I like how it would all be black. OR...maybe be unique and buy the 98's, but paint the housing black? That way you have the nicer-looking lights, but still a black housing.

·
MultiColored Member
375 Posts
Take your taillights apart and paint the plastic part around the lenses black. It's kinda greyish black. I painted the inside of mine black and i really like it better than the
color it came.:)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts