Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chrysler 300C
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone.

I really want a coupe turbo car that is good looking. I think the MKV is a good looking vehicle. However, I have a lot of concerns about it. It seems like if it is not tuned and modded, that it doesn't do too well. However, from what I can find, it seems to be a pretty tuneable and moddable vehicle. Is this correct?
From reading some of the posts on this forum, I can tell that a lot of people hate the new MKV. Why is that?
So what are the pros and cons of this vehicle?
If not an MKV Supra, then what would you recommend instead for a good looking, coupe, turbo vehicle? I don't really like the looks of Mercedes vehicles. BMW and Lexus don't really have a sports car focused vehicle. I don't know that I want an exotic since they are more difficult to get serviced and they are generally so expensive. I think Porsche's fronts are just funny looking.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
578 Posts
More knowledgeable BMW people over there to give you sound advice in regard to their experience at supramkv . Com

Mr. Gill

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hop on over to Supra MKV Forum for more positive opinions, tuneability, etc...
Also, define what you expect from a car and mean by "well". 2020 is 335hp, 2021 382hp advertised. Higher on dynos to the wheels. You want 500+? It's easy. Many people have done it. You want factory 500+, then Mustang, Demon, etc...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Funny thing. Whenever someone writes supramkv . Com properly, the link routes you back to supra forums.com....lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: XtremeMaC

·
Registered
1993 Supra NA-T
73 Posts
Hello everyone.

BMW and Lexus don't really have a sports car focused vehicle. I don't know that I want an exotic since they are more difficult to get serviced and they are generally so expensive. I think Porsche's fronts are just funny looking.
Thanks all.
Stop right there, criminal scum. BMWs are actually very sports car focused, and as it turns out, their cars are so good that Toyota sells them too! An M2 competition or even M4 competition comes with a better transmission (Or a manual), better dynamics, more power, and a very nice pre-owned price tag. Consider what you can spend and do your research before you see the Supra moniker and start getting all excited. You would be wise to be one of the other makes you listed about. Buy a Mk2/Mk3/Mk4 or don't buy one at all.

·
Registered
2016 Chrysler 300C
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stop right there, criminal scum. BMWs are actually very sports car focused, and as it turns out, their cars are so good that Toyota sells them too! An M2 competition or even M4 competition comes with a better transmission (Or a manual), better dynamics, more power, and a very nice pre-owned price tag. Consider what you can spend and do your research before you see the Supra moniker and start getting all excited. You would be wise to be one of the other makes you listed about. Buy a Mk2/Mk3/Mk4 or don't buy one at all.
I just mean that BMW doesn't really have a car that looks like a "sports car". All of their sporty cars are just suped-up versions of their "family" cars. Mercedes has the AMG GT, Audi has the R8, Ford has the GT, and so on. A BMW M2 looks pretty much like a 2 series. Yes, more aggressive styling, but it doesn't look anything like a Corvette.

·
Registered
1993 Supra NA-T
73 Posts
I just mean that BMW doesn't really have a car that looks like a "sports car". All of their sporty cars are just suped-up versions of their "family" cars. Mercedes has the AMG GT, Audi has the R8, Ford has the GT, and so on. A BMW M2 looks pretty much like a 2 series. Yes, more aggressive styling, but it doesn't look anything like a Corvette.
Yet every car you just quoted as being sporty is over twice the price of a new Supra. A Supra is a 2 door coupe, an M2 is a 2 door coupe, an M4 is a 2 door coupe. All the M cars are widebody and have aggressive aero. Not sure what you're getting at.

·
Registered
2016 Chrysler 300C
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yet every car you just quoted as being sporty is over twice the price of a new Supra. A Supra is a 2 door coupe, an M2 is a 2 door coupe, an M4 is a 2 door coupe. All the M cars are widebody and have aggressive aero. Not sure what you're getting at.
I would bet if you pulled up in a Supra you would get tons of attention as opposed to an M2 or M4, almost no one would care (except for car enthusiasts).

·
Registered
1993 Supra NA-T
73 Posts
I would bet if you pulled up in a Supra you would get tons of attention as opposed to an M2 or M4, almost no one would care (except for car enthusiasts).
You seem to be mistaking a Mk5 with a Mk4... People only care about the Mk5 because its new. It will never be as iconic, cool, or classic as a Mk4. It seems to me like you're planning to buy a car for just the clout, so I doubt you can handle an M2 to begin with.

·
Blue Thunder
3,521 Posts
BMW does have a car that LOOKS like a "SPORTS CAR"...It's called the Toyota GR Zupra.
Or buy an i8. It's got the looks...just no balls.

Reactions: Shady 2jz

·
Registered
691 Posts
OP what's your budget? I would look into the MKIV, GTR, Z06 C6/7 or maybe even a V8 Vantage.

Casper

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts