Votes: 22 51.2%
  • No - stock body

Votes: 21 48.8%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the car painted in the fall, so I figuered I should order side skirts now to get them in time if I am going to do it.

I'm thinking Stillen or Top Secret.
Those two or leave it stock. Can't decide

I'm a stock body with TRD hood and WW lip.

here's 2 pics for reference. One is street wheels the other is drag...

Opinions?

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
James,

Your car looks damn sweet as is, so I'd be cautious with side skirt choices, especially on a black car. I previously had the Stillens on my car before I went Do-Luck. You can check out a few pics here: http://www.to4r.com/member.php?show=ken.henderson.

Nothing wrong with the TS skirts either, but I have no experience with them. They'll be high quality fiberglass, but will still require some work to get that "sheet metal" look on a black car. The Stillens, being urethane, are more helpful in this regard. The Stillens do look good with the stock rear spoiler as well, IMO.

You can't go wrong leaving her alone, but if you want to make a move, my choice would be the Stillens for the reasons stated. I did have to have a special bracket fabricated to prevent the Stillens from "bending" away from the car up top and appearing to "bend" toward the car near the bottom because of their weight. I sold my Stillens to board member 8Wasabe, and I believe he still has them, if you want more info on the brackets. Good luck.

Ken.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
honestly with that lip you don't need sides, in fact i would do away with the sides

and focus on cutting the lip where it wraps up on the bumper. I think that will look cleaner

and not appear as busy in the front

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
It's great as it is, but I would definitely shave the upper part on both ends of the lip. It looks much cleaner.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would say if you are not going to do anything with the wing such as a RMM wing then leave it as is. To me a car with side skits and a stock wing just look's a little off.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I would forget the skirts and get the trd or rmm wing...... thats just me. Car looks great!

·
NSW supra club Member
475 Posts
car is awsome as is, i wouldnt dare touch the side skirts!
put side skirts, and you'll wreck it imho...
stock FTMFW always.
But as others mentioned, i like the lip but would rather shaved off at the edge/top.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
One of my fav pics with ww lip and RMM wing :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts