Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I know this is mostly a personal preference. I want to ask to see both sides of the story of people who run either one. Currently my wg is rerouted back into my dp. I'm taking off my exhaust to clean and install a wideband. And I figured if I'm gonna change it, now is the time to do it.

I hear that if you run a dump tube, you can't hear your turbo for shit because the wg will be so loud. But mostly I was wondering if there's any benefits of running reroute or dumptube?

I've never been in another Supra with a dumptube before so I don't have any live experiences to compare to. I also heard the wg is annoying as shit to other driver's and the neighborhoods, so can y'all chime in on that too?

If I'm gonna run a dumptube, I gotta do it this week as I plan to wrap everything up next week. Thanks

·
FUCK JDM
3,933 Posts
open wastegate is loud as shit.. i admit... can get annoying at times... your neighbors will hate u if u ever go WOT... if u love attention/ sound go for it..

if you wanna enjoy the noise of turbo, and not have everyone staring at you when u go Wot.... leave it rerouted

also depends on your age... if ur still under 30, its definintely bareable.. but if ur over, just doesnt look to classy

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
michaelvanle said:
Hello, I know this is mostly a personal preference. I want to ask to see both sides of the story of people who run either one. Currently my wg is rerouted back into my dp. I'm taking off my exhaust to clean and install a wideband. And I figured if I'm gonna change it, now is the time to do it.

I hear that if you run a dump tube, you can't hear your turbo for shit because the wg will be so loud. But mostly I was wondering if there's any benefits of running reroute or dumptube?

I've never been in another Supra with a dumptube before so I don't have any live experiences to compare to. I also heard the wg is annoying as shit to other driver's and the neighborhoods, so can y'all chime in on that too?

If I'm gonna run a dumptube, I gotta do it this week as I plan to wrap everything up next week. Thanks
Hey big guy,

You don't need to double post questions in the TT and NA section all the time. I know you get more attention and a high post count, but it just clutters and slows the forums down...

The wastegate will only open once full boost is reached, so UNLESS you are running fast around town, hitting 16 psi and opening your wastegate, then you won't really be annoying anyone. It is my preference that running open wastegate is better if you are boost higher because then you can here the turbo spool some before the wastegate is open, and when the wastegate opens, it sounds really mean; it'll freak a competitor out during a race, for sure.

From a performance stand point, you will have a little more engine bay heat, but that will be offset by the fact that you won't have as much turbulance from rerouting the wastegate. Also, because some of the exhaust gases are bypassed by the wastegate, you essentially increased your net exhaust diameter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts