Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, whats up guys? I'm a New Yorker looking for a change in scenery. I am considering a move to the Ft.Lauderdale area. Is that a nice area with a decent night life and car scene? I don't want to be stuck in a retirement area. What do apartments run there? Nothing too fancy, but i would need a garage for the sup. What parts specifically in Ft.Lauderdale are nice and you guys could suggest to check out apartments in? How far is Southbeach from there? Sorry for all the questions, but i am near clueless on the geography of florida. I have a 93.5 red TT 6 speed with a tan interior(new) and will soon be full BPU. Thanks ahead of time for any insight possible. Jeff

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just turned 25 not 55, although i would like to retire, i think naples and its retired communities is not where i need to be, lol. No potholes must be nice there as well. Are there speed bumps in FL as well? If not, i am definitly moving down there, lol.

·
Bend Over.
162 Posts
Is your Supra your DD? I know alot of people dont like to subject their cars to the elements. Lord knows FL gets a crap load of rain.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now it isn't my DD. I use my EXT to pull around the supra when need be, but that is going to be taken over by my friend if and when i move. I was thinking about picking up one of those new Si's when they come out as my DD and useing the supra as the toy.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I say go for it, the more peeps to hang out with the better; keeping in mind a lot of people are moving down to FL like me, I will be in the Miami Beach area near the lehman highway or Aventura

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
ft.lauderdale is nice....young crowd, in between miami and west palm....its a good location, lots of stuff to do around there. car scene is real nice down here too, especially in the ft.lauderdale area. south beach is only about 35-50 min from ft. lauderdale (depending where you are at and how fast you drive)....i dunno about rent prices in ft.lauderdale, but a 2 bedroom place in boca goes for about 1300 or so, depending. i would imagine them to be the same, if not more in ft.lauderdale near the city. you'll love it down here. if you have any questions, hit me up on AIM. i3oca

-nick

·
In the shadow...
1,452 Posts
id tell you orlando is the best place to move, especially for someone who loves cars, and even more for a supra owner....the supra scene here is HUGE and we got some of the world's nicest supras and the two biggest NHRA drag racing team(scranton and titan). we also have very good shops here as well as meets every weekend AND during the week...just take a look at the florida section, ull see that most of what happens is in orlando or tampa :bigthumb:

other than that well orlando is cheap place to live and you have a good life quality here, downtown is not too, ur 30min away from the beach, you have all the hot tourist chicks, the weather is pretty good, less killing in the summer than south florida(but still killing lol)

-Seb

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds good. How far is Orlando from Ft. Lauderdale? I may be moving there for a job opportunity, so i don't want too far of a commute. Jeff

·
In the shadow...
1,452 Posts
lis2k said:
Sounds good. How far is Orlando from Ft. Lauderdale? I may be moving there for a job opportunity, so i don't want too far of a commute. Jeff
like more than 3 hours depending on ur driving.....so yeah if u have a job in ft-lauderdale doesnt work lol

-Seb

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
No......

There's too many people here!!!

J/P bro, I moved down here 2 years ago from Chicago, and other than some of the moron drivers around, I love it here. The weather is PERFECT... And even when it does rain, it only rains for like 30 mins. or so, and it's almost always around the same times of day so you can kinda plan around it, just make sure you plan for it. In the summer it rains everyday!!

·
Sold Mine :(
1,024 Posts
FTL is nice thats where one of my guys lives. I live up in Boca. In the area there a few of us.

94Silver - He's the admin on here.
i3oca - Nick hes from boca,
TT TRD - Coral Springs
Dan94TT - Boca (my roommate)
Brian who's not on the boards.
Damn I forget this kid's name from West Palm with a White T78.

There are quiet a bit more. If you're 22 you'll have have a blast in downtown lauderdale... TRUST ME! You're right on the beach and there plenty to do.

I like up Boca/Delray a bit more not as crowded but a little more expensive. A friend of mine lives here: http://www.newrivervillage.com/ Which is a pretty nice place.

There is plenty to do, lots of girls, an d cars. FYI most of us only trust Marco down at a Billet Design http://www.billetdesign.com to work on our cars.

On a side note, I am originally from NJ as is Dan and a few other guys are from NJ/NY as wel. It is a bit different than LI but its great down here, and you'll love it!

Go for it and move!

·
Registered
126 Posts
South Fla is the bomb. Slow at night in the boca delray area but fun furthur down south. No emissions no state taxes. Nice Its 79 and breezy right now with blue skys so if you skydive or fly a plane its the place to be.

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
If you like the heat and don't mind the traffic, South Florida is great. I would agree with Dan and would suggest you look in Boca/Delray/West Palm, from there to Ft. Lauderdale it is only about 20-30 minutes, depending on where you are going.

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Coming from a big city to Florida is a change of scenery and especially pace. New yorkers are on a fast pace of life while florida is very laid back. The people in florida are very nice, I know first hand about this.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the info. guys. I am going down there in 4 weeks for a meeting to figure out exactly whats going on. Hopefully things will work out! Jeff

S

·
0 Posts
APU6speed said:
In South Florida the nightlife is rediculous. I have a place in Las Vegas and it's just as good plus you have the beach. The girls are a different breed down here, there are more girls than you will know what to do with. Anything from 18year olds to knifed up 45 year old women who look like they are 25. The car's are sick and there is never a dull moment any night of the week. If this is your thing i'd say Lauderdale/Miami 10 fold.
:bigthumb: I agree with you mike theres nothing like south florida, tue, thu friday saturday and sunday always a hangout and races. clubs everywhere and girls more and more everyday to have fun . not counting while you here you need to get a jetski my friend , seens you moving in the summer time girls love to ride and a jetski. see ya soon

1 - 20 of 28 Posts