Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Remember you have to add 150 bucks just to get it here so your looking at spending near 700 bucks for somthing that MIGHT be good, or it might be a POS that becomes a big paperweight, I would say save for a bit if your going to get one used get one from a person inside the US so you can at least talk to them ... that's just my 2 cents.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
No.

It's not worth the trouble.

1] The ding looks like it was on purpose to accomodate the compressor housing.
2] No pic of the turbine housing. Why? You'll need to add a V-band clamp & have a custom DP made.
3] Crack in the stainless? Not good.
4] Used turbo? More often than not, used turbos need to be rebuilt...no matter what the seller says to the contrary.
5] It's ugly.

Take care.

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
It's being sold by Powerhouse Jimbo though... and I have never seen him sell a bad turbo knowingly... he checks his stuff pretty well before letting it into his inventory. As Larry said though... it looks like it's already head quite the life.... it's not that pretty.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I bought a used turbo kit once (300 dollars)(sold for 700) the turbo seals were leaking, just a little, but i would be highly caucious.....

3,796 Posts
Cant you get a TO4 from turbo joe for real cheap?

I think it was on www.JBLMK3.com

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
No prob thats what the forums are all about!

W

·
0 Posts
man i have to disagree with those guys... first off jimbo sells good stuff... and im sure if its bad he would refund it.. looks arent everything... plus that mani is worth 600-700 bucks... so if for somereason the turbo is junk.. you will still have a great package to build with... like an SP or something.. i donno just my 2 cents

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Woooossshhh said:
..... plus that mani is worth 600-700 bucks.....
NOT dented & cracked, it ain't. Heat-cycled, & cracked [thin gauge] SS would not be on any welding repair list of mine. It would be a) garage ornament or b) trash. It would serve eithr of those 2 functions quite well.

Ahh yes, anothr crossroads where we see one man's treasure as anothr man's junk.

Take care.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts