Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about ceramic-coating the inside and outside of my intake manifold delivery pipe.

I was told this is ok to do for a better airflow but i'm scared that the ceramic-coating might flake off inside the intake manifold delivery pipe and get inside my motor and do some damage in the long or short run.

should i or should i not do this and why?

thank you.

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
I havent heard of ceramic coating flaking off of parts. I have seen parts get scraped and banged on and the ceramic coating still bonds onto the metal surface. What I have done on a couple of LT1 intakes that i send out is to ceramic coat the exterior and get the runners and inside teflon coated.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was always under the assumption that ceramic coating intake piping was bad for power because it traps any heat inside the pipe, not allowing the pipe to "breathe". But then again, keeping the intake cold is a proven power gainer....

So I'm not sure if ceramic coating it would keep the air hot since the pipes wouldnt absorb any of the heat, or if it would help the air cool since the pipes would not be hot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts