Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my supra has 116k miles and i wanted to add performance parts such as a cold-air intake and exhaust. i have heard from certain people that if i do this to my engine, it'll die out sooner than later. is this true? and if it is, is there any way around this??

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
well whenever you modify the engine, the chances of it dying increase. but that said, if you want to do it to any engine with 100k+, you probably wnat to do it to a supra engine.

just check everything out...your cooling system, fms/oil pump, coil packs, make sure the hoses arent cracked, check out your turbos for shaft play, your oil lines, get a compression test, oil, differential, (automatic tranny?) fluids...the whole run down.

give her a basic tune up and you should be good to go.

·
In front of you
294 Posts
LYTLdiablo is right, as long as everything is in good condition you are definately good to go. On my AUDI S4 from 1992 (it had 105000 miles) ,it has stock 230HP, i modded it to approximately 320HP and it held up with no problem. So, the conclusion is that the Supra engine can definately handle the power increase if treated properly

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
just a little side note, i believe Eric from Jax here in florida (the one that made like 937ish rwhp) had something like 174,000 on it :eek: :eek: hes getting his internals built now, i dont know if something broke or if hes just doing it for saftey and more power...either way he has a bit more power than stock... ;)

·
Very Senior Member
10,012 Posts
SupraDupra_17 said:
my supra has 116k miles and i wanted to add performance parts such as a cold-air intake and exhaust. i have heard from certain people that if i do this to my engine, it'll die out sooner than later. is this true? and if it is, is there any way around this??
just do the BPU mods. You won't regret it!!!
BTW - I've got 114K miles and still going strong!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I dont think cold-air intake does much for Supras.

If you want your car to last, do the proper maintenance that it needs at this point, and keep up with it at the scheduled intervals. You can do the BPU mods, and even go further if you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts