Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a sbc-id boost controller. I was told to just hook it into the front turbo that kicks in around 4500rpm since I am running sequential mode still and if I go TTC that is when I would hook it to both turbos. Is this right and is this how all of you have your's setup? A friend who owns a talon told me that I should have the boost controller hooked to both regardless. What is true?

SwamiBob

·
Registered
707 Posts
Go to mkiv.com. Under tech articles and boost controlers look at the dsbc hookup. This is the best way to hook up all bc's to the mkiv. This bc set up will still work in TTC mode.

FYI: In sequential mode the 1st turbo ( the one you will hook up your bc to) kicks in about 1700 RPM. Then both turbo's come online ~4300 RPMs. Your friend is worng about hooking up the bc to "both turbos" on the mkiv.

Bill P 95bpu++

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are saying I should have it hooked to the one that kicks in first and not the second one that kicks in at 4500?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I am not sure you have an understanding of how the twin turbo system works. Might I suggest you buy the New Car Features book from Toyota? It is a great book that explains all about your car and how it works. I believe it's around $10 from Toyota.

In hooking up your bc the way I've meantioned, it will control the boost of both turbos after the second one kicks in. Yes, technicly, you are hooking it up to the #1 turbo, but it controls the boost of both after the transision. There IS no way to hook a bc up to #2 alone, nor would you want too.

Bill P 95bpu++

·
Registered
458 Posts
Bill P is right... only hook it up to the 1st turbo, that's the one toward the front of the car. Just go by those instructions and pictures from MKIV.com and you'll be fine. Your talon buddy has no idea on the principles of your Sequential setup...
If you try hooking it up any other way and you'll most likely burn out the ceramic valve or something else will break and then you'll really be in deep!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, that is how I have it hooked up already, just wanted to make sure. If I go TTC, do I need to hook to both like the diagram shows or does it work right just hooked to the one still. thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts