Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the topic says, post up pics of wingless 89+ cars. i'm trying to decide if i should shave it or go whaletail.

·
Registered
523 Posts
yep, i personally think the whaletail is one of the worst looking wings for this car. if i had a choice between wingless and Free Willy, I'd go wingless in a heartbeat

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
agent89 said:
whaletail is for 911's not MK3.
IMHO ... whaletail is for BOTH:

Dan Matoba

SF Members black ride

Nicks ride

Mike Urbanos ride

Many more that I don't feel like searching for.

Looks good IMO.

I have seen some wingless mk3s .. but I am not sure if I like them.

I think stock 89+ wings are good and the Bomex whale and the Regulus and sme other modded ones that I don't know what to call and don't fel like looking for.

I do like wingless mk4s for sure.

I definitely like 80s Porsches with whale-tails.

Good luck on your decision.

Best regards.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Shouldn't the title be - SHOW ME SOME NA 89+ ? aight peace :chicken:

Also, i am a fan of the whaletail...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a big fan of the stock Supra looks, but I'm also a big fan of the whale tail spoilers.

It not only looks great in my eyes (albeit very "retro"), but is one of the very few spoilers that actually works at increasing downforce and reducing drag, instead of just looking pretty.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Shouldn't the title be.... "All the links were started by SupraNick!" :lol:

here was my summer swapper a few months ago before the Bomex went on! :cool:

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
SupraNick said:
Shouldn't the title be.... "All the links were started by SupraNick!" :lol:
:cool:
Heh. Just realized that. Good stuff.

What's up, you early bird?

Hail to Nick, King of the Bomex tail thread starter.

;)

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
SupraNick said:
u know me! :rolleyes:

Late Night Crew! :cool:
Heh. I'm guilty too, but I refuse to join the "crew". I'm ot always up late, I'm just up early a lot;) .

Did you lower that darn thing yet?

Best regards.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
car will be lowered no later then wednesday! then its picture time! :cool: i cant stand stock height! :rolleyes:

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
SupraNick said:
car will be lowered no later then wednesday! then its picture time! :cool: i cant stand stock height! :rolleyes:
Good to hear about the lowering date. Had my first stock-height mk3 sighting just recently. Man oh man, did I hate that height .... ahhhhhhh ... ugly .... unstable ... must lower!!!

Is there alot of body roll with the stock suspension?

**Note: not a hijacking. This is extrememly essential discussion for deciding on which wing looks best ;) .

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
well u see the wing makes all the diffrence here!

the whale tail actually helps the car lift in the front at high speeds! the wing can also be used as a meat or trash slinger!!! throw some meat or some trash on the back.... cruise down the street accelrating slowly to about 40mph.... then.. SLAM ON UR BRAKES and watch it all fly into the car in front of u!! :lol: god i love doing that!!! :rockon:

otherwise the stock height DOES throw the car around more then what i was used to with the slammed 87! i hate stock height with a passion but like i said... lowering deadline has been set! :cool:

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Good stuff. I'll stop hijacking now ... umm I mean talking about things that are spoiler related ;).

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
y'know i like all 3- wingless, stock, whale (free willy haha).

a lot of ppl think wingless = na so that in itself my take some off guard.

btw carson- nice lookin car!

dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice pics, but I know there are a lot more wingless supras out there. Here is one of my car 2 days after I bought it. I was playing around with the copy and paste on photoshop for the wheels. and I had to take all those Hondaboy-like stickers off the side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Since I've had it, here are the exterior mods to the car, all trim painted white, Bomex front lip, rear spoiler, clear corners, and windshield visor, and 18" MSR Tuner wheels gunmetal with 2" polished lip.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts