Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Toyota Supra Turbo
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, long time no see!

it's been a while since i first posted on here (probably a year by now) and after dealing with bigger fish to fry, i finally can show off the supra i bought a year ago. a few people wanted to see it after asking for advice on looking for pieces. and this time, it looks very nice! for those who haven't read the post, here's some basic info. about 127k miles now (123k when bought) r154, turbo. leather interior reupholstered by the last owner! family friend's brother's car and garage kept for the past 5-6 years. after some slight mishaps, for example: new clutch, starter, coolant hose by the radiator leaking, and the radiator fan housing cracked, i have been driving it almost daily now that i have time for the past few months and after those repairs i haven't seen or heard anything bad!

i very recently finally got around to repainting my center caps, which the last owner luckily had all 4. finding the closest color for the center caps took a while since if it's not gonna be the original paint, i might as well do it as factory looking as possible. this is my first car from this era, so i have learned and gathered research on the mk3s since some of you last heard from me. anyway, sorry for the essay. here's pictures!
first picture is with repainted center caps, second and third pictures are with the unpainted ones. it's more clear on what they looked like in the second picture. still more work to do, but knock on wood my head gasket doesn't blow.

·
Just a guy who loves cars
94' Turbo, Targa, 6 spd, Ren Red.
473 Posts
Very nice man! Love the look of those cars.

Reactions: toyosan

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts
What a fantastic MKIII! Red looks so good on the later 91-92's with the color matched body trim. 🍺

Any plans on any further upgrades or maintenance?

·
Registered
1991 Toyota Supra Turbo
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a fantastic MKIII! Red looks so good on the later 91-92's with the color matched body trim. 🍺

Any plans on any further upgrades or maintenance?
first off, thank you very much! i try to take care of it as much as i can.
so far, i plan to restore some of the black exterior trim pieces from chrome to black like it used to be. some other issues that i want to address are as follows: stereo volume knob being missing, stereo lcd screen is dead, (i think i mentioned this already) whenever i brake i hear a noise in the back which could do with the suspension, minor alignment fix (the steering wheel is slightly pointed to the right by default but not enough that it's absolutely necessary to do now) speaking of alignment, whenever i drive on the highway my steering wheel is a little shaky. again, not necessary to fix asap but it for sure is not confidence inspiring. the targa leaks sometimes on the drivers' front corner side, cigarette lighter doesn't work, some of the interior button lettering has faded over time, some plastic pieces in the interior have faded over time (door handle and seatbelt button are the most prominent ones), etc.
tl;dr: i want to make the car look as good as possible stock, then decide whether i want to mod. thankfully, the previous owner has left the car 99% stock! the only modification is an aftermarket intake.
also, if you have any idea where i can find some of these parts mentioned that i want to fix/replace it would be appreciated if you let me know!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Can't wait to see more progress. Looks like it's in really great shape.

Driftmotion and RockAuto will be your friends. Just make sure you don't use the Economy section on RA and they're pretty good.

If it's mechanically sound just getting a turbo back exhaust (HKS makes an almost stock looking one) really wakes things up. If you want to go a step further without pushing it too far an electronic boost controller can bring you to just below fuel cut makes it even more fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts