Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1991 Toyota Supra Turbo
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, none of those said lights above are working. I have checked the main fuses and relays and they all seem to be working properly, but the lights are not. Some of the said lights have been swapped over to LEDs so I’m wondering if I may have overloaded something. Where should I check?

· 90T
1,688 Posts
Fog lights only come on with low-beam headlamps and ignition on in stock setup. LED headlights will also cause issues with the fog lights. My guess is its a separate problem from the other lights.

For the tail lights, could be the integration relay #2 or the taillight relay. But you're going to have to do some debugging with a voltmeter to make any progress on this one.

Schematic is here.

· Registered
1991 Toyota Supra Turbo
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fog lights only come on with low-beam headlamps and ignition on in stock setup. LED headlights will also cause issues with the fog lights. My guess is its a separate problem from the other lights. For the tail lights, could be the integration relay #2 or the taillight relay. But you're going to have to do some debugging with a voltmeter to make any progress on this one. Schematic is here.
I checked the taillight relay and that ones fine. Where is the integration relay #2? I do have a voltmeter but I’m struggling on where to test things

· 90T
1,688 Posts
To start troubleshooting, pull the tail relay and jumper pins 2 and 4 that should turn on the taillights and instrument lights.
Rectangle Line Font Parallel Pattern

Integration relay #2 is attached to the back of the fuse box in the driver side kick panel
Motor vehicle Gas Automotive tire Combat vehicle Auto part

· Registered
1991 Toyota Supra Turbo
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To start troubleshooting, pull the tail relay and jumper pins 2 and 4 that should turn on the taillights and instrument lights.
View attachment 284705

Integration relay #2 is attached to the back of the fuse box in the driver side kick panel
View attachment 284704
I pulled the tail relay and jumped 2 and 4 and it didn’t change anything. Once I have the integration relay, what should I check?

· Registered
1991 Toyota Supra Turbo
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
View attachment 284705

View attachment 284704
I took out my old integration relay and found something. Are these two black pieces supposed to be fused together? I found I have another one that doesn’t look like those pieces are fused and I’m going to place it in and see if I have any success

Attachments

· Registered
2,000 Posts
Got it. So rain lights are simply your word for the side marker lights. Thanks. On the two black pieces, it looks like they were simply glued together with a clear substance? This does not change anything about them - electrically connect them, etc - so it may be that the factory simply started doing this to speed assembly. So, it's not causing a malfunction that they are touching. Others with deeper circuit board knowledge may chime in...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts