Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what's the closest after market side skirt to the stock oem side skirts on the MK4? Most of the ones I've seen I don't like, except on the wide bodies. So anyway I was wondering if anyone here has any custom made ones that reassemble closely to the original body lines.

I'm trying to make up my mind on what to do with the side of my car. I like the stock body I just feel the side skirt could be changed a little. What I'm thinking is with the current side skirt is just fill up and clean up all those lines and gaps and make it appear as if it were one piece, and the rear part of the skirt that edges downwards to also be extended to the front just like that the bomex sides and how they arc back and forth but keeping the body lines close. Hope you guys can figure out what I'm trying to say :p

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I see, which blitz and do lucks? Aren't the do luck's for the widebodies? Do you have any pictures by the way of them being modded? I can't find great detailed shots of the skirts, by the way I have a pearl white supra, and I haven't seen many with side skirts, so if you have comparison shots that would be great thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
There aren't any side skirts for "widebodies", other than those that come with a full widebody kit.

All the skirts mentioned are for standard bodied Supras...

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
if you are looking for "stock" why not just paint the black lower parts to give the sup a more aggressive look?

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the side skirts that usually come with the wide body kit will actually fit just like all other side skirts?

I thought about painting the bottom, not sure yet, I think it makes it look fatter. But then again it does make the car look larger which seems more aggressive as you say.

I don't know I can't make up my mind, I just want to clean up the body lines more, maybe I can have someone just patch up the gaps to make the side skirt appear as if it were one piece. Anything wrong with doing that?

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
my vote goes for Blitz sides. Only thing bad that i can see about just molding the stock ones to the car is that if not done correctly it might just crack over time. But then again that applys to anything molded to your car.

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
I think closest to stock would be the bomex side skirts

I do like the blitz modified in the front to remove the "fins" . or the do-luck

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
So the side skirts that usually come with the wide body kit will actually fit just like all other side skirts?
No.

It's simple, bro. Widebody skirts only come with widebody body kits. They aren't available separately. If you tried to put widebody skirts on a stock body car, guess what? They don't fit. That's why the wider skirts are only available in a full body kit.

All the other gazillion side skirts that ARE available separately are for stock-width Supras. Make sense now?

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes haha sorry, was just confused if they could actually fit but doubted so.

I do like the Bomex sides, but were can you find them now? I can't find them anywhere, and ya the word I was looking for was molding. I'm thinking about molding the sides skirts I have to be one piece.

And supratter do you mean cutting that little piece on the bomex sides that reach to the front wheel well? I thought about doing that too as I think it looks funny with it continuing up like that. Sigh I wish they made more parts for this car.

Also what do you guys think of the seibon front lips?

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Could you really? Thanks man, thats what I'm looking for! I'm really thinking of just saving the 400-500 I'd spend on side skirts plus the extra for installation on just molding the stock skirts. Is that also the stock pearl white paint? Your car looks really nice, I hope when I get mine repainted it will look as great as yours.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts