Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any battery hold downs for an optima battery being installed sideways in the trunk in this location:

Found out thats the best place to mount an optima in the rear while keeping the carpet, etc... its actually exact height as the foam surround pieces. Everything is done, just need to find a way to secure it there.

·
Blood for Blood
8,323 Posts
that is fab not a kit... you could fab that or something much better yourself. Looks like 2 bands that bolt in thats it. the bend was easy on them the metal is not thick at all. I am sure you can make something better.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I know that one was fabbed up, looks quite simple. I was actually wondering if there are aftermarket tie downs (billet, etc.) for the optima to be mounted sideways. I am most likely going to make my own strips just like the picture if I don't find anything. Thanks.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kind of said screw it and bought a battery box from summit racing:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G1231&N=700+115&autoview=sku

While I was trying to mock up the spot to put that big ass box I was showing a buddy of mine of how nice it would be to put the optima sideways and grabbed the tie down which comes with the kit to show him what it looked like........... and it was a PERFECT fit with the optima sideways.

So from that whole kit all I used was the tie down and now I have a big ol empty box..... :lol:

The battery is super secure in that spot and will not move at all.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice setup. I did the same with my supra. Dana made me a custom mount so the carpet and trunk looks factory.
Nice! With my optima sideways its EXACTLY the same height as the foam tool inserts and carpet. It looks 100% factory when the carpet is over it. :) I am glad I went this route rather than using the battery box.

and now to do what with the box? Hmm craigslist? lol...
Thanks for the idea! lol, I'll throw it up tomorrow as it's fully of unused AN fittings/lines from the build. :lol:

·
G-14 Classified
1,815 Posts
nice, i use a very small sealed home alarm system battery and just push start my car...starters are for sisies. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts