Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering all the TT autos guys, if they sift Manual in their autos, and if its bad for the car to sift it manual in the auto, does it wear down the tranny, or anything bad to the transmisson. thanks

·
Registered
827 Posts
I don't shift manual unless I'm going to try to race someone from a roll. In that case, I'll put it in whatever gear the speed requires and go from there (brake boost as well). Your best race in an automatic will be from a stop though; the Supra auto tranny shifts great and puts the power down well off the line. If you are going to launch from a stop, let the computer do the shifting; it shifts faster than you can and doesn't make mistakes (I forgot to shift out of second one time and bounce off the rev limiter hard; I lost the race because of this).

Hope this helps.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that too, where i left it in 2nd gear and hit the rev limter hard, but i was racing another supra where iwas stock. But my question was is sifting in the auto alot going to do anything bad things to the tranmisson or tranny anything to the engine ?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, i wont kill ya, but dont get made when i get better 1/4 times

1 - 7 of 7 Posts