Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well like three weeks ago during traffic some lady in a 200 vw passat decides to hit me from behind. she hit me hard enough for me to hit the car in front of me. :mad: well of course the rear bumper just had a dent in it. but the fron bumer was a whole diff story. the upper part of the bumper was all torn up....i was pissed. we exchanged all our info and we were on our way. about a week later her insurance finally called and said that they were only going to give me $2,400 bucks to fix my car. i had already gone to a body shop to see how much it would cost, they quoted me $3,200. my dad said to just take the money and forget about fixing the car cause we were planning on selling it. we already had an 87-88 turbo 5 spd in our reach. of course i was excited about that, it turns out that the guy that was selling the turbo had traded his blazer for that supra, and now the owner wants the supra back....WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!?! :mad: so now im stuck with my car.....i still like it even tho its an n/a ut id rather have a turbo. well my dad went to the junk yards to look for another bumper assembly and could only find an 87-88 bumper....so it looks like my 89 is going to have an 87-88 front. not really mad about that but i wish it could still have an 89 front. oh well. thats pretty much it.....sucks dont it? i cant believe it. im gonna have to drop a turbo engine in mine.....soon.......soon......i hope. later guys. sorry for this long story

-jose

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
ok, you have $2400. sell the NA or part it out. take that money + the $2400 and go look for a good condition turbo car.

·
0 Posts
cant you take them to court, they will probably give you the money you want at just the threat...maybe i dont know

sorry to hear about all this

jeremy

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
also, your in CA? ask the local supra guys, theres alot of nice people that should be able to help you out.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Enraged said:
also, your in CA? ask the local supra guys, theres alot of nice people that should be able to help you out.
Yeah, i'm pretty sure BAS would help ya out, but I think you are more South, talk to SupraNick he always has some good hookups around, aight peace :wtf: and good luck man

B

·
0 Posts
if its one lesson i learnt in life, is never give up, there is alwasy a bargen out there, just look around more reckers for bumpers!

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we already have the bumper, its just not an 89 bumper. it would fit right on there, right? and about the turbo, the guy that is selling it he said that he is going to talk to the guy that wants it back....hopefully he doesnt. thanks guys for the info

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
88Turbo5PSI said:
cant you take them to court, they will probably give you the money you want at just the threat...maybe i dont know

sorry to hear about all this

jeremy

i couldnt do this because the damage of the car exceeds the value of it. sucks dont it

·
Some Guy With A Supra
378 Posts
Yeah it does suck doesn't it?? same thing happened with my ford ranger, sold that pos as is, took the $3,600 in insurance money and bought my 87 Turbo! <---:D

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i guess im gonna have to do what you did. fix my car and sell it, then buy a turbo......hopefully something pops up.

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
BoostAddctn said:
Yeah, i'm pretty sure BAS would help ya out, but I think you are more South, talk to SupraNick he always has some good hookups around, aight peace :wtf: and good luck man
Antioch is a north of Concord a bit.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
yea, I got hit a week ago by a RAV4, the insurance company hasn't called me back yet, but I got a quote to fix it, $4,400 incl. labor and paint. That isn't even including the header panel! We'll see what happens, no matter the outcome, I already had extras of all the parts that got smashed, so its not bad...

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
who is this BAS guy? where is he located? i really want to get rid of my car cause there is too much to fix and with that money i can drop it into a turbo......we'll see what happens. later

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what do you guys think about this? keep the car and drop a 7M-GTE. i know that i can probably find a good deal out there, its just that i dont really want to get rid of the car cause its my first supra, plus its black :D this is so hard......im going crazy here.....just a thought. give me some feed back. later

C

·
0 Posts
chrono said:
what do you guys think about this? keep the car and drop a 7M-GTE. i know that i can probably find a good deal out there, its just that i dont really want to get rid of the car cause its my first supra, plus its black :D this is so hard......im going crazy here.....just a thought. give me some feed back. later
The other plus about that is you only pay for N/A insurance as opposed to turbo. Kind of wish that I had done that to save on insurance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts