Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the waveform of the mag sensor inside the distributor? I'm wondering if it's possible to drive a standard MSD box. I'm looking for a rising edge signal 6 times a cam cycle, 3 times a crank cycle.

My backup plan was to take a spare crank trigger wheel I have, and grind off 9/12 teeth down, leaving 3 teeth per revolution (120 degrees apart), and using that. Hoping I don't have to do that.

I'm doing my own seperate, gaseous (no injectors, no ECU) fuel system.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I do not know the wave form but I do know that you can run a MSD 6a. I am running one right now with a rpm adapter. I will see if I can find the print and post it. Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm talking running the MSD directly off of the signal from the distributor, without having a ECU or EMS at all. I imagine you are running off the signal from the ECU.

A MSD can trigger directly off a mag signal. I just need one that says BANG once every 120 degrees of crank travel.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I dunno about wavforms,
but I do know that all the MSD ingnitions require the tach adaptor part #8910EIS
in order to work with the 2jz-GE

It runs about $25 on ebay

·
Registered
145 Posts
AnArKey said:
Well I'm talking running the MSD directly off of the signal from the distributor, without having a ECU or EMS at all. I imagine you are running off the signal from the ECU.

A MSD can trigger directly off a mag signal. I just need one that says BANG once every 120 degrees of crank travel.
Your right. I am running off of the ecu signal. I missed that you wanted to take it directly from the distributor. Interesting though. I will see what I can find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts