Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't get the search to be specific enough. With MA 70 stamped in the fire wall and MA 71 on silver stickers all over the engine bay and hood, what's the difference?:)

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
chevyeater-on-sf said:
Mine has MA71 stamped in the firewall....
This has been claimed before, but nobody has proven there are any chassis's with MA71. They were either mistaken or just disappear before providing proof. We're not talking about the data tag, we're talking about physically stamped letters and numbers that have been painted over.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Bishop92T said:
This has been claimed before, but nobody has proven there are any chassis's with MA71. They were either mistaken or just disappear before providing proof. We're not talking about the data tag, we're talking about physically stamped letters and numbers that have been painted over.
Mine are "physically stamped letters and numbers that have been painted over" on the firewall in the engine bay.

"MA71" ... Not just on my vin data tag in the window .... or anything else ... on the firewall too. ;)

EDIT: I don't really see why chevy or I should have to spend time taking pictures of it and then sizing them so they can be posted. Just take my word for it. IT SAYS MA71 for the chassis code ... on the firewall of my mk3.

:D ;) :p

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
what do you guys make of this?

its not on a supra, but its on my RX7... which is 1 out of 100 models produced during the last year of its production (1990)

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
flubyux2 said:
what do you guys make of this?

its not on a supra, but its on my RX7... which is 1 out of 100 models produced during the last year of its production (1990)
Whoa. That would flip me out. I would be so curious about that if I owned that car. Could be all good ... could be some fraud stuff.

Have you asked Mazda or anyone else about it? If so what have you gathered?

I guess that it could be some mistake that they felt was necessary to fix in that manner ... I am kinda stumped on that one.

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
ma71supraturbo said:
AWIDESUPIE Please humor bishop and I by posting the pictures.
Agreed, I was under the impression all 89+ were MA70 Chasis, I have yet to see one around here that has the MA71 stamped on the passenger side... except mines, but mines is just scotch tape with the number 1 written on it with a SHarpie...<-- honest to god truth :cool: aight peace

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,908 Posts
Ma71 signifies the turbo charged version. J after 71 is for targa pre 1990, n afte 71 in the vin means targa 1990 and after.
Ma70 is the no turbo version in the vin.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Humor us, or be prepared for nobody to believe you. I'm not saying that you're lying, just that you may be mistaken, many people have made the mistake. Until I see proof I will not believe anyone. Take the picture, send it to me directly with no cropping, I'll do all the photo imaging and even host it on my website. Taking a picture takes 5 minutes tops.

My turbo and every turbo in our local club say MA70 on the chassis, and we have at least one of every year.

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
chevyeater-on-sf said:
I'll visit my car on Monday and I'll bring the camera. It HAS been a while but I'm pretty sure that is what it says.
doubts now eh? :p, aight peace

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
BoostAddctn said:
doubts now eh? :p, aight peace
What is your problem? Have you EVER seen my firewall? I'm sorry my car is at work 60 miles away. I'm not going there 'till Monday. I'll look at it first thing. If I was mistaken I'll be the first to admit it. I had no idea this was such a kindergarten "naner-naner-poo-poo" type of topic or forum for that matter. Seems awful childish to me. Wanna race? :bootyshak

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
BoostAddctn: Why do you ALWAYS say aight peace? :confused:

chevyeater-on-sf: I didn't get that impression from his post. It's just a lot of people in the past have claimed this and ended up being proven wrong. Eventually it has gotten to the point where people who have seen a LOT of MKIII supras have never seen an MA71 chassis.

T

·
0 Posts
well, shitty... yea my firewall DOES NOT say ma71.... i was thinking of my vin, it says ma70-01685 or something like that

1 - 20 of 32 Posts