Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to clean up my engine bay by having 1 color couplers for my pipes..... currently I have an akimoto intake pipe with the god awful YELLOW couplers :) , the BLUE couplers from the HKS hard pipe kit, and RED couplers from the HPF upper radiator pipe.....

I wouldn't enjoy receiving an award for the most mismatched engine bay hehe so I'm planning on goin with all red or red & black since I have the red hosing techniques kit on the car.

Where do you guys purchase some quality silicone couplers? Are the intake pipe couplers 45 degree bends? They look pretty long and the coupler from the intake pipe to the MAF sensor seems 2 different ID sizes. I was looking @ hose techniques couplers but not sure if there was anything better.

While you guys chime in and answer some of my questions, lets also see some damn sexy shots of those engine bays for inspiration. Nothin like color coordinated polished engine goodness ;)

What ever happend to bradmans engine detailing thread? That should have been a sticky people!

Thanks in advance
-mikey

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah you can have my vote from Hosetechniques too. Very curtious and fast shipping. :bigthumb:

B.Kidd

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I Just purchased $250 worth of silicone from HighTempSilicone and i can't say enough good things about the company or their products.

They have Anything that you need.

Bryan

573 Posts
Personally, like I said, turbohoses.com (Hoover @ sales)was the way for me, and will stay that way even if they are/were a few bucks more.. This is simply because they treated me right, were friendly, knowledgeable, and honest. Thats what counts the most to me.

I guess the bottom line is that there are a few good companies that supply the couplers that you need, all with competitive pricing.. You should just go give a few of them a call.

Justin

·
Registered
678 Posts
I ordered my Hose Techniques kit and they kept giving me excuses as to why they haven't shipped out my kit. First they told me they were out of one particular hose size, then they won't ship to the "ship to" address which was different than the "bill to" address. That was stupid since when I go to checkout it offers me both "ship to" and "bill to" addresses. Anyways, finally shipped it out and paid for XPRESS and still haven't received it. I ordered it on the 5th of May.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Suprasaiyan, I got the delay maneuver as well. Ordered my red hosetechniques kit from Dusty @ MVP and he said hosetechniques were gonna send it to me directly.....got my stuff from MVP way before my hoses ever arrived.

Justin, I will have to agree.... I sent an email to Hoover and within 15 minutes he got back to me with sizes, prices, and availability.

Thanks for posting, you guys are great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts