Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i have HKS hard pipes and wanted to replace the blue coupliers with some black silicone ones from http://www.hightempsilicone.com/.
my question is what size and how much do i need? i know there are 7 and i'm pretty sure there are 3 different sizes but i don't know what sizes there are.
also i noticed that they had the "hump" hoses, are there any benefits to getting these?
TIA.

·
Member Thingy
1,119 Posts
The benefit of hump hoses lies in their flexibility. The engine is not a static object, under load, it will twist and shift. If solid intercooler piping without play runs from the engine to the chassis, enormous pressure will be placed upon it when the engine moves. By using the hump hoses at joints in the piping as it goes to, and from the engine, it allows play in the design so that the connections aren't stressed.

To find the size piping you need, measure the outside diameter of the piping, and that number will be the internal diameter silicon hose you will need.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. i understand what hump hoses are for but is there any real benefits/drawbacks like performance, pressure drop...
i guess i will measure it but i was hoping someone had already done this and had it figured out.

another question: i'm going to get t-bolt clamps and i saw some at a plumbing shop i found and i noticed that they went in increments of .25" (1.00", 1.25", 1.50"...) how much adjustment do you get with these clamps. say i get a coupler that has a 2.50" ID, what size clamp would i need?
thanks

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn i just noticed that they have a sale on t-bolt clamps and it ends tomorrow. i won't be able to get the measurements until tomorrow afternoon, if someone knows the measurements please let me know.
thanks

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I really cant help ya with size, but if you order anything from hightempsilicone, tell them you seen them advertise on turbomustangs.com and he will knock some off.
ps, there stuff is top notch!

·
Registered
598 Posts
throttle body to the TB pipe is 3" ID, the rest should be 2.5" ID... IIRC

so 1 - 3"ID X 3" long & 6 - 2.5"ID X 3" long

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
guys thank you very much for the help. i was thinking there were 3 different sizes because the pipe that goes through the fender looks smaller than the one under the car but i guess not. THANK YOU.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I thought they were 2.75", not 2.5"....

On my HKS Type S, I bought one extra 3" ID x 3" long one (for the throttlebody and one 2.75" ID x 3" long one.

These are not part of the HKS hardpipe kit though....these are for the pipes that came with the HKS type-s FMIC.

Asheesh

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have the HKS HardPipes kit....I could be wrong. I'll measure out one of the smaller couplers when I get a chance. Can anyone else confirm whether they're 2.5 or 2.75 for supralover93

1 - 9 of 9 Posts