Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have a 96 Jewel Green and bought a Quicksilver FX Bomex front bumper, and I kind of like how it looks. But I need to blend the Silver a little to the rest of the vechile without it not looking to over done. If the pic doesn't show up here please check my profile pic, as I had some issues on posting it correctly. Please let me know your ideas and comments. I like the contrast between the Green and the Silver.

Thanls,

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
how is that considered 2 tone? The bumper is the only thing silver so it would just look mismatched to me. I dunno post a pic if you can, but I dunno how it would look good enough to leave it.

ALex

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey I appreciate your opion it's all good. I don't want to look like a ricer, I just thought it looked sporty and different. And you right it looks like I just slapped it on, which I did, but was thinking maybe It would look good if I could incorperate the Slver onto the hood and maybe on the fenders.

·
Registered
417 Posts
i abosolutely have no idea on how you intend to make that look good.
:dunno:
just spray it all the one colour dude .. imperical jade mica is a damn sexy colour.
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Jewel Green is sexy also. I couldn't come up with and idea on how to make it work either. Thanks for you help guys...

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,401 Posts
Please paint it same color. You will not be able to pull the same effect as Lexus /Mercedes have, personally I think it only looks good on luxury 4 door sedans with black and gray.

YOu dont want you car to look like Civics with primered bumpers.

BTW, here is my bomex front.

However, I am debating if to leave it on or not. I have seen an Eclipce with the same front end and it made me want to puke.

Good luck, post some pics when you are done.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Flames. Or maybe shoot over just some portions to the front bumper with green to pull the two together.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am not sure what to say. If you like then keep it, but at least just don't leave the front silver. At least have a paint scheme to make it an actual two tone. But in the eyes of most supra..... :1poke: :wtflol:

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
edenward said:
........ but was thinking maybe It would look good if I could incorperate the Slver onto the hood and maybe on the fenders.

I'd say about 1/2 the guys in this thread aren't getting ^this^ from you and still think that you only want the front bumper to remain silver all by itself.

Meanwhile, the only way to pull off what you're looking for woulb be to hire a guy who knows how to do the custom painting/stripping/airbrushing that you're thinking of. Not a whole bunch of people know how to do this, and the ones that do will charge a nice price.
Then there's the fact that you're running a high risk of it looking hardcore rice and regretting it, or at the very least, lowering the car's value and respect.

I paint and I know of a couple of local guys that do hardcore custom painting.....I just can't imagine what I could hire them to paint without getting the end results that I just described. Not saying it's impossible to come up with something....it would just take some serious and careful thought --> (keeping it really nice and really tasteful all at the same time).

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey thanks everyone especially blkturbo! I agree, but thought maybe someone had seen another car or idea they might wanted to pass on. I knew when I asked for opions and suggestions I was going to blasted, but never the less I appreciate everyones opion and the time it took to even write back. And yes I wasn't looking on leaving it like the pic. Thanks guys...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts