Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like i have seen a few MK3 supras with this combo. This may have been an OEM color scheme.

If I have a black supra, and I can get silver moldings in good condition, should I put the silver moldings on the car, or will it look retarded?

Could I always paint it black in the end if I dont like the silver on black?

Also, my 89 had strips of double-sided adhesive to help hold the moldings on. Can i order these from the factory, or is this more of a mcmaster-carr thing?

Thanks!
Walt

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
You can order the tape. Any shop should be able to get ahold of some. But they are pricy. Just make sure you dont get ones that are too thick, as they would pop your plastic clips back out and your mouldings would just fall off.

Black 89+ Supras came with grey/charcoal mouldings. I got my 89+ mouldings from a Black parts car. Mouldings where infact grey and charcoal colour. I plainted the mouldings 202 Toyota black durring my paint job. I believe that the paint guy used plastic paint (bumper paint) to cure against the plastic better because he had all plastic body parts painted sepratly from the body.

For refrences:

Also I have a spair RH door moulding aswell as the RH rear quarter moulding in grey/charcoal if you would need them right away, there mint.

·
not a poopra anymore!
1,095 Posts
i sort of like how the gray molding breaks up the color/body line. color matched looks sick but on the right car, a gray molding looks sick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.