Supra Forums banner

simple question

416 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  1jzSupraGuy 
#1 ·
when i'm driving i hear a faint whistling noise from the engine. it gets louder the more i step on the gas. it sounds like it could be from the bov or maybe its just the intake sucking in are but can it be that loud? i heard that its normal for 1jz to have a pretty loud bov but is it loud when you're driving or just when you let off the gas? could it be a leak somewhere?

#2 ·
uh oh..i think you ran outta jdm boost fluid...better buy more horse power before you lose it all..;)

j/k

if yer vac is less than 17 then u have a vac leak...check lines, ic piping, or yer bov culd be defective...if u cant find a problem, then yer turbos are just plain loud:)

#5 ·
is there a way to check for leaks other than by the gauge? i just finished the swap not long ago and still using the stock 7m boost gauge. i've looked over the engine a couple times now and haven't noticed anything that disconnected other then the nipple that used to connect to the 1jz charcoal canister which i've plugged up already and it still makes the whistling noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.