Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah yeah yeah Ben, you haven't got approval to get off of work yet.

Anyone local have a pair of Z rated tires (preferably already mounted on wheels) for Ben to borrow and break 200 mph with? Drag slicks are a no-go, must have tread and be Z rated.....tires may come back slightly worn.....

Anyone? Needed for the Beginning of August.

A.

· Cam Only for now......
679 Posts
I have some 275/35zr18 Toyo proxies Ra1 mounted on Work emotions.

Matt

· Banned
2,770 Posts
LOL thanks ali, haha wanted to see if i could get off work before i go and try and run the mile haha thanks guys for the phone calls this morning hahaha, ali ill let u know asap if i can get off work, but it may be too close to call out,

if i were to need a z rated tire i would need like a 17. chris called me this morning he said he has some toyo's or knows someone who can lend me a set in like a 17 its like a 275/40? or something, as long as they will eventually hook ill pedal it i don't care. only problem is i need 4 :p front and rears, i have some TT rims if anyone has tires that will fit.

Ben Y

· King of Snark
2,126 Posts
I got bfg drag radials on stock 17's. I can ship them if needed

· King of Snark
2,126 Posts
checked the site.. didn't say they were z's but if you need them let me know.

· Cam Only for now......
679 Posts
Ben you can just borrow my rear wheels. As right now there not going to be put to use.... There just on the mk3. Also the wheels are mk4 offset.

Matt

· Registered
1,699 Posts
When are you trying to do this!? And where the hell is a mile track?

How bout my CCW classic's? The street set you took to TX. They have BFG KDW's up front 18x285x35's and NT555's in the rear 17x315x45. Yours anytime you need them dooooduh.

· Is it turbo? Is it stick?
5,315 Posts
I probably shouldnt be asking but you've got the coin to go for 200 mph but not for a set of tires? If money's getting tight I understand, not here to rag on you... I'd just keep an eye out for some lightly used tires, there are usually really good deals. I've got some 18" rears for sale for pretty cheap but I'm not close to you and they're 18s...
Make friends with some dealership techs, they come across half used tires that are going to be thrown away all the time... I picked up a couple sets that way for damn cheap.

· Banned
2,770 Posts
I probably shouldnt be asking but you've got the coin to go for 200 mph but not for a set of tires? If money's getting tight I understand, not here to rag on you... I'd just keep an eye out for some lightly used tires, there are usually really good deals. I've got some 18" rears for sale for pretty cheap but I'm not close to you and they're 18s...
Make friends with some dealership techs, they come across half used tires that are going to be thrown away all the time... I picked up a couple sets that way for damn cheap.
nah that's not the case, i just don't want to spend money on a set of tires i am probably never going to use again...i drive around on 325/50-15's et street radials all the time, i just don't see a point in buying some Z rated tires for the mile when i live 8+hrs way from the place. I think i may have found a set though from chris, he said he knows a guy who road races and they are like 17's would work perfect probably for me.

Ben Y

· Is it turbo? Is it stick?
5,315 Posts
oh ok cool... i see. well it sounds like you've got a good scene down there with a lot of support from people offering what they have so thats awesome. good luck with the run... where are you attempting it?

· Banned
2,770 Posts
oh ok cool... i see. well it sounds like you've got a good scene down there with a lot of support from people offering what they have so thats awesome. good luck with the run... where are you attempting it?
http://lta-lsr.com/HOME.htm

i believe this is the website
grand opening is at the end of the month.

Ben Y

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dan dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! The plot thickens!!

Ben, hope you get a set for the weekend, it will be a blast. All I can say is dial down the boost till you go 200, then let it rip. Forget about tire spin and all that crap....it doesn't matter.....you have 1.5 miles and having run against your car before I see no reason why it couldn't go 5 mph under a Veyron with 50% MORE distance (205 mph 1 mile vs you going 200 in 1.5 miles).

A.

· Registered
289 Posts
Dan dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! The plot thickens!!

Ben, hope you get a set for the weekend, it will be a blast. All I can say is dial down the boost till you go 200, then let it rip. Forget about tire spin and all that crap....it doesn't matter.....you have 1.5 miles and having run against your car before I see no reason why it couldn't go 5 mph under a Veyron with 50% MORE distance (205 mph 1 mile vs you going 200 in 1.5 miles).

A.

A Veyron is a totally different car.. I would expect as much top speed running as your do. You would know this.. They said in the veyron it only takes like 700 or so hp with the aerodynamics to hit 200, and takes the extra 301 to get the extra 30 mph. A veyron is 100x more aerodynamic and about $960,000 more engineering lol.. I dont forsea a low 9 second supra that doesn't have any setup for top speed doing much of anything with a Veyron after 200.

Just my thoughts though, I could be completely wrong.

· King of Snark
2,126 Posts
Yea i hear they are going to be rather strict with rules.. since my car doesn't have a cage i can't go over like 125.. lameness.

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Status? I'm rolling up with another Kawasaki guy...Ben you in? Fucking do it man, an extra 1/2 mile...you'll kick yourself later man!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.