Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.. sorry for the noob question but I think this is what has been causing my problems... correct me if I am wrong...

Ok.. On a Tial WG there is a port out that would normaly port out to a boost controler..

I currently do not have a boost controler (hopefully soon) but that port needs to be blocked off to prevent boost creep and to use the WG spring.. Correct?

OR

Do I route the port somewhere.

When I get the boost controler I know I route it to the solinoid (sp) then do i route it somewhere or will it terminate in the solinoid?

Thanks for the help guys.. I just want to make sure I am doing this correct.

EDIT: And just for the record.. I did search..

·
0 Posts
you cap the top, and run the side to the port on the turbo. or you can leave the top open and just run the side to the turbo vacumm fitting.

·
Banned
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
97TurboSupra said:
you cap the top, and run the side to the port on the turbo. or you can leave the top open and just run the side to the turbo vacumm fitting.
Ok... so if I am understanding this correctly.

W/O the BC: leave the top open and run the hose from the port to the side to the vac. port on the turbo. (this is to use the WG pressure spring)

W/BC: cap the top and run the hose to the solinoid then to the side vac. port of the turbo.

·
Banned
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hope these pics explain it a little better. Sorry for the crudeness.. all I could get to from behind the firewall at work.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Vacuum line will go directly from the turbo to the side port of the Tial. Leave the top port of the tial open. With the lines like this, you will get boost per the spring in the wastegate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts