Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here are some pics of what Ive been up too. More pics when I get the chance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I literally just finished. Have to blanket the turbo and wrap the d/p and clean everything up and make it presentable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The angle is decieving but its actually a T78 kit. The price difference was only $200 more so I had to go with the bigger turbo. For those curious, the kit is pretty straight forward. It comes with everything necessary. Everything clears perfectly with no need for modification. The only bitch was the bottom manifold nuts. With no space, you have to put all the nuts on with the manifold semi on then tighten. You must then tighten the bottom turn by turn with a wrench as there is no space. Ill give a driving impression later on when it gets tuned.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
^why not? stock internals are just fine for anything most of us are gonna throw at it

·
turbo....................
1,057 Posts
aznwilliam said:
The angle is decieving but its actually a T78 kit. The price difference was only $200 more so I had to go with the bigger turbo. For those curious, the kit is pretty straight forward. It comes with everything necessary. Everything clears perfectly with no need for modification. The only bitch was the bottom manifold nuts. With no space, you have to put all the nuts on with the manifold semi on then tighten. You must then tighten the bottom turn by turn with a wrench as there is no space. Ill give a driving impression later on when it gets tuned.
thats why god invented Gear Wrenches :)

the setup looks clean, whats the a/r on the turbo?
what are you using for tuning and size injectors?

thanks
tony v

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
how dare you break wind before me

·
Registered
237 Posts
i want to do the same type of setup on my car.. how many pounds of boost you think i could run on stiock internals.. with that setup.. just wondering.. thanks..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure on the raised lettering but I just got this kit a month ago so it might be a new thing. I have gear wrenches and its too tight to fit.

The engine is still stock except for the cams. As for fuel, its been 550's but those will be for sale as I plan to upgrade to 800cc. I have the an Ultimate and W/B ready to tune afr's. The Ultimate has to be sorted out and will be tested by Greddy hopefully soon and possibly tuned by one of their tech.(crossing fingers)

I hit 1.6 bar by accident and it ripped but it all varies with tuning. I dont plan to run more than 18psi on pump gas. The wastegate rite now is set for .8 bar so im fine with that as my commute is all local. Since your local, if you ever decide on this kit, let me know as I got a great price shipped. It was a month wait however.

·
Registered
794 Posts
As soon as you get it running good, make some vids. For some odd reason, the 1j guys who make 450+ HP will not make any videos. Even 1jz power will not give us anything new. Alot of us NEED this to motivate us into doing more. That engine has sooooooooooooo much more potential than what the stock twins put out. Everyone is figuring out how to get another 15-20 HP. I think you will find another 150-200 HP! Much props!!! :drool:

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,223 Posts
very nice, i'm shocked that anyone still buys new greeeeeedy parts for the prices they sell for.

Great parts just more then my heart and kidney combinded.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Very nice, have always been a fan of the T78, btw, is your 02 sensor bent?? aight peace :chicken:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts