Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
In The Sonoran Desert
533 Posts
That's a great question and one I have been pondering much since I have started saving my nickels for a single kit. I have yet to hear from anyone why a single, with the EGR mod reversed, stock cats or hiflo, properly tuned would have trouble passing. What is different between a single and stock twins that would cause it to fail? I am considering OBDI cars. Mine is a 95

Does a wastegate dumping into air affect emissions at all? Or is tht just a noise thing?

What about modified fuel system? I cannot imagine that even this would impact emissions since this is designed to bring enough fuel to the party under high boost. Even then it's not dumping tons of fuel such that emissions would fail, esp if the car is properly tuned.

I dunno...anyone?

·
In The Sonoran Desert
533 Posts
wow, all we have is the mirror test and dyno under low load.

my corolla passed because their computer refused to boot up. They tried three times, it kept resetting, and finally they drove it off the dyno and gave me my pass slip

my wife's rs300 they took the $14, checked for the cat and let me drive on with a pass slip.

The SP does route the wastegate back into the downpipe. I am definitely going with them. I'm thinking SP63 with stock fuel first, then I'll upgrade fuel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.